Thread: Does anyone use opalescent white enamel (64)/

Default Does anyone use opalescent white enamel (64)/

Hi there, do any of you lovely people know anything about the properties of Shauer opalescent white enamel? I have used it in the past with good results, but after a long gap, my opalescent hearts are orange and white blotches, some of this is due to the enamel slipping to the sides (ahem!) so the enamel is thinner and orange in the middle. Any tips would be very appreciated
    Julia x

Hmmm I've never used that brand of enamel, I just use W G Ball. I hope someone will be able to come along soon and give you some more useful advice than I can!

It sounds like you may have your enamel too wet Julia if it's running down the sides (I'm assuming the hearts are domed). Blot it with a bit of tissue. You can always rub back the thick bits on your hearts and re-enamel them, using a bit of klyr-fire (or spit if you don't have any) to stick the sifted enamel onto the metal. Sorry I can't specifically help with the opalescent white as although I think I've got some, I can't remember ever using it.

Thanks guys for your answers, I never considered rubbing back the high spots lol. Must see if I can find the book which contains all the firing temperatures.