Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ahhhhhhh

I too love cornwall this is the first year we havent been able to go and i am missing it terribly but i must make the effort to visit St Ives as my Dad bought a bench in memory of my Mum and it ovelooks the sea she also spent all here childhood holidays down there x

Don't forget if you get depressed stop by for a with us!
    Yes it is much nicer.....loved the move from London to MK, people are so much nicer, peaceful, surprising number of green spaces...
    hugs
    Em

Glad you are liking it in MK

People are always a bit mean about MK, I think it's a brilliant place, and you're right, lots of trees and green bits

Yes they are. But I have found it has grown on me, I love the woods, meadows and lakes, good shopping too. Surprising!
    Em

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRose View Post
    Yes they are. But I have found it has grown on me, I love the woods, meadows and lakes, good shopping too. Surprising!
    Em
    Your not forgetting the concrete cows are you?

Had a phone call from my Mother today... she's got the keys to the bungalow and are expecting the removals van about 6pm. She sounds so happy and was really excited to ride on a train that had the old style doors with the drop down window and the handle on the outside.

As soon as we got the money together for the deposit we're going to visit my parents for a few days of house hunting then it's all hands to the pumps for the move

Looking forward to it... we even had Scones, clotted cream and jam for tea last night
    Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    I too love cornwall this is the first year we havent been able to go and i am missing it terribly but i must make the effort to visit St Ives as my Dad bought a bench in memory of my Mum and it ovelooks the sea she also spent all here childhood holidays down there x
    Awwwww that's so lovely, is it on the harbour? If you let us know where it is we'll go visit it for you

Ah Bijou thats so sweet of you, bought a tear to my eye, it has been 11 years and i still miss her dreadfully. I do know where it is will just have to think a bit harder to remember

God I know how you feel, I'm miss the sounds and smells of the oceans. The wildness, the untamed power and the soft caressing waves lapping on the shore. I will envy you your new home and I wil keep everything crossed that you find your ideal home.

xXx.

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Is the bench on the part of St Ives called "The Island"? It's not really an island but just a promontory that's surrounded on three sides by the sea. There are loads of benches there all donated by people in memory of loved ones which is quite moving.

I know I'm really lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world - we went for a walk on the coast earlier this evening and saw the sun set.

It is a long way from anywhere though and we seem to spend half our lives travelling to shows in the south east.

Hi Carol from what i rememeber of the picture dad has thats it but i will have to ask now as its annoying me i cant remember, thank youx

I would love to move down there and have suggested it to hubby often, we have a lot of friends in Rock which i know is a long way up from you but we realise that he wouldent be able to get much work down there so we will stay put .... for now x
    Last edited by Emerald; 04-09-2009 at 09:53 PM.