Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ahhhhhhh

Talking Ahhhhhhh

We took my in-laws down to view a bungalow (for them, not us as they are moving also) in Somerset yesterday and spent an amazing 5 hours down there looking around.

After viewing their bungalow we went to Fyne Court, Dunster villiage and castle (WOW sooooooo, so beautiful), Minehead then along the coast to Watchet (amazing, stunning scenery) and back home again.

Was an astounding 13 hour, almost 600 mile journey but WOW it's amazing how much better I feel today because of it.

Life down there is absolutely a polar opposite to life in London and I can see how my mental health is suffering really quite badly here because of the noise, sirens, armed SWAT teams closing off our road at 2am, murders, rudeness, arrogance etc etc etc.

People are so polite there, it was adorable

I've had a really, really bad week last week with feeling depressed and inching back towards some very dark times but today I feel alot better.

Can't wait to move there with my OH and feel like this all the time!!!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful visit and that you are feeling better in yourself
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I'm really looking forward to it. The north coast is, to my mind, the bestest! And Minehead etc is only an hour from me. When I'm really troubled I just go to one of the beaches and watch the Atlantic - the noise and power blows me away. I've been to Dunster and the castle - beautiful place, I agree.
    Di x

We have a video of some cliffs just outside of Watchet and the sea pounding underneath... really, really relaxing to watch and listen to!

My poor OH is still sleeping after the long drive

Quote Originally Posted by The Bijou Dragon View Post
    We have a video of some cliffs just outside of Watchet and the sea pounding underneath... really, really relaxing to watch and listen to!

My poor OH is still sleeping after the long drive
    Yeah - its a bit of a treck. The more I get to understand you the more I think you are making the right move. At the moment you just need to tell yourself that there is a light at the end of your long tunnel.
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Yeah - its a bit of a treck. The more I get to understand you the more I think you are making the right move. At the moment you just need to tell yourself that there is a light at the end of your long tunnel.
    I have always felt at my best when near the sea, I think it's why I have returned to St Ives so very many times. There really is a magical feeling about the South West that just doesn't exist anywhere else... for me certainly!

I suppose it's because the sea is like me... one day clear, blue and glittering in the sun and then the next it's all grey and moody lol.

All I want in life is to hang out by the sea and make shiny things... not much to ask for is it?

... well... a lottery win wouldn't go amis either

Are you my long lost sister
    Di x

LOL sounds good to me

I love the whole of the south west, I grew up there, and still go back to see family, strangely enough the north east has a similar feel. London has turned in to a bit of a sad place in my opinion (got family there too!).

So have you secured a place there or are you still looking?

Somerset is a gorgeous place isn't it? Well maybe not all of it, but plenty of it! I can understand how you liked it so much.

I'm off to St Ives for a few days next week, can't wait!