Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Silver Smithing Course...

Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
    I'd be abit careful of wording..
    Our local beading store used to have something similar to what Sarah plans to do. It was simply called soldering class, not silversmith and not a course. As I remember correctly, it was around $100 per hour, but I don't remember it was with or without materials.

Oh, and the teacher was a young guy freshly graduated from some jewelry course.
    Lana.

That does sound like a nice idea Sarah, I know of quite a few folk who would enjoy the chance to meet, make and cake!! I think the PPL is a necessity, but I would also check out your house insurance, that it's okay to have people on your 'home' premises for business purposes!!

Good luck!!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    That does sound like a nice idea Sarah, I know of quite a few folk who would enjoy the chance to meet, make and cake!! I think the PPL is a necessity, but I would also check out your house insurance, that it's okay to have people on your 'home' premises for business purposes!!

Good luck!!
    totally agree with you Jill.

I have had my house insurance renewed with the business purposes added and it was surprisingly under £20 for the year! Bargain and so needed.

I think it sounds like a good idea too. Hope it works out for you.

The difficulty I always have is when I have several people approach me asking for a lesson but not wanting to pay the one to one fee. At the moment I've got 3 people wanting a class but I can't find a date that suits everyone. I prefer to have a group as, although they all pay less, I get more - win, win!

When I get time (yeah right!) I plan to advertise classes where everyone makes the same thing, which would make my life so much easier. I just can't work out what would be universally popular. It may be something enamelled.