Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Themed Competition

Default March Themed Competition

Hi Everybody thank you for all your lovely Valentines entries!

This months theme is....

Space

So post your themed pieces within this thread with a little bit about the design and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will WIN a £100 shopping spree.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 31.03.2013. The winner will win a £100 inc. VAT shopping spree at www.cooksongold.com

The judging process will take place on 05.04.2013. Our Silversmith Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 05.04.2013. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Who won the February one?

February's winner will be announced within the thread tomorrow.

Regards,
    Georgia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web2 resize 500132.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	4552

The universe ring, a mass of space! my first enamel attempt. made using art clay silver,

Name:	web2 resize 500132.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	4553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web2 resize 500133.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	4554

The Universe Ring, a mass of space! made using art clay silver, and my first attempt at enamaling.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Here is my space station / satellite inspired entry. For this, I used silver sheet, 1.5mm wire, 2mm square and round tubing. I made a bead from two half discs I had cupped. I added more discs and dapped them. On the round bead I have flush set sapphires and chrome diopside at 1.5mm. In the square tubing I have set a 1.5mm clear diamond, ruby and chrome diopside. The top round bead rotates freely and moves up or down the wire below the bail. Attachment 4565Attachment 4567Attachment 4568 good luck everyone

Oh I love it Wallace!

I had such a good idea for this month's competition, but haven't had time to make it, booooo. I like these monthly competitions, as they inspire you think outside of what you might usually make!

The little universe ring is great too.

Looks like the Sci Fi event of the year. Has your friend on Xenon seen it yet Wallace?

Here's my Lunar Rock pendant - it was going to be a finger ring made from recycled silver, but I kept adding more scraps and it ended up too big, so I flush set some stones in it instead and made it into a pendant. I think that the texture looks like moon rocks.

Name:	LunarRockPendant.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	4569
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

oooh, that is lovely Elaine and that ring is very spacey Donna Marie. Both lovely. Thanks Lauren ) and Zaphod is waiting for his next Ride when we get to Xenon, Dennis.