Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April Themed Competition 2013

Default April Themed Competition 2013

Hi Everybody thank you for all your space inspired entries, the winner will be announced this Friday!

This months theme is....

The Sea

So post your themed pieces within this thread with a little bit about the design and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will WIN a £100 shopping spree.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 30.04.2013. The winner will win a £100 inc. VAT shopping spree at www.cooksongold.com

The judging process will take place on 03.05.2013. Our Silversmith Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 06.05.2013. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

I have an entry but can't seem to upload it. It used to be so simple.

Hello Carole,

We have one of our I.T technicians Dave looking at this as we speak. Hopefully this will be sorted shortly, my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Georgia

Oooh! I love this theme!

This is my entry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stackingset.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	4595

This is my sterling & fine silver "Rain to Sea" stacking ring set. It's three separate rings to be worn together, each ring has a frosted matte finish which reminds me of a sand type texture. The first ring has a tube set natural faceted crystal quartz to signify crystal clear water, the second has a little half drilled freshwater button pearl sat atop a frosted silver rectangular band and the last is just a little frosted flower, pierced from sheet and domed with a granule of fine silver in the centre and sat atop a very dainty round band.

Good luck to everyone entering, I can't wait to see the submissions
    Last edited by silken; 02-04-2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Edited to include photograph now that uploads are working again.

Name:	St Michael's Mount Necklace.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	4596

Yere tis! St Michael's Mount.

ahhh I was drooling over that earlier, Carole! Lovely!

Silken, yours is gorgeous too.

I think I might have a stab at this one

Ohh! Carole, that's beautiful! May I ask, what are the beads? They look a bit like chrysocolla and quartz chips to me but I can't tell from the pic. Either way, the piece is wonderful

Thanks guys. I know they're quartz chips, but I can't remember what the others were. Sorry.

OK, I'm going to go for this one. This is a bangle I've made which is cast from egg wrack seaweed and set with pearls where the air bladders were.

Name:	egg wrack bangle 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	4598

Name:	egg wrack bangle 2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	4599

Name:	egg wrack bangle 4.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	4600

Name:	egg wrack bangle 5.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	4601

Lovely stackers Emily and Medusa's ring is so clever and looks gorgeous, but Carole's pendant is totally droolworthy - such beautiful colours
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop