Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tube setting cabochons

I thought you meant you had two stones. Hahahaha. Its new things that struggle with, last week my mum who is 95 asked me if I would like a cuppa, so I went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea for us all, and my dad was telling me that they had bought a new kettle as the other one was leaking, so I poured water all over the worktop because the spout poured a wider splurge of water and of course I missed the mug a bit. Doesnt matter really but a bit frustrating at times. I am just grateful for my strong will, because the doc wanted to do the other eye first, and I insisted that he did the other one, now at least I have one eye that had a cataract op which is perfect. If it had been the other way around I certainly wouldnt be able to see at all by now. As mum says who at her age does all her own cleaning and gardening with dad helping in the kitchen says to me, "be grateful for what you have, there are a lot of people worse off" which is quite true. It hasnt really altered what I can do, just it takes me a little longer sometimes. A bonus is that I learnt to make jewellery as my daughter said why didnt I come with her to the evening class, and a moment of gung-ho I accepted. Now a lifetime of trying to find small diamonds on the floor on all fours with a torch. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    I would be afraid that the black may seep into the carpet, I bought a red once once and that left a red mark on a pale vinyl floor, so I may be inclined to put something between the black and the carpet if I were you.
    Oh dear, that hadn't occurred to me. I'll find some rug underlay for it. Thanks!

I'm so grateful for the advice every one gave in this thread. Now, I can set cabochons with ease. I just thought I'd post a quick picture of the rose cut prasiolite cabs I set the other day. They're just simple tube set earrings. I love the pale minty green colour of prasiolite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rosecutprasiolite5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	4464

Drooling!!! They are stunning lol!

You're a dab hand Emily.

Great job.! Very neat & tidy.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Thank you!

By no means perfect but I'm still happy with my cab tube setting efforts.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by silken View Post
    Thank you!

By no means perfect but I'm still happy with my cab tube setting efforts.
    they look pretty damn hot - wtg Emily