Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packaging / Jewellery boxes

Default Packaging / Jewellery boxes

Hi all

I'm curious as to which suppliers people generally use to source their packaging when selling their jewellery? I've used the card boxes from Cooksons before however I'm now looking for something in a more natural colour which they don't have. These are kind of what I'm looking for but would be good to know if anyone can recommend a supplier?

http://www.tinyboxcompany.co.uk/c/16...ift-boxes.html

Many thanks!
    Sarah

I can honestly say that the Tiny Box Company is awesome! They were on Dragons' Den a couple of years back. I just placed an order with them 2 weeks ago and my boxes arrived this week and I was utterly pleased with them. I enquired with a lot of other suppliers (including Potters and a few others) and was met with a brick wall on several occasions. I decided that the tiny box co looked good and I ordered custom made boxes with foil printing, I honestly cannot fault them at all. Their prices are generally cheaper or in line with other suppliers and everything is recycled. The expensive part of my order was having a printing block made with my logo but once it has been made, they can use it to print on practically any of their other products and you can repeat your order without having to pay for another block to be made. I got the small recycled kraft jewellery boxes printed with my logotype. If you're just after plain boxes, I can definitely recommend them as they are much better quality than the other kraft boxes I have used in the past. I've attached a pic of one of my boxes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silkenjewelleryboxes.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	4324

Rachel Watkyn is the managing director. She was the one who dealt with my e-mails and unlike many other managing directors she was very friendly and non-intimidating even to a small time jewellery artist like myself!

Would definitely recommend to anyone requiring plain or custom printed jewellery boxes plus they give a 10% discount to guild of jewellery design members.
    Last edited by silken; 02-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks for that - very handy

I've always used Pollards but they don't do particularly small quantities, only full boxes of chosen designs so at the moment I've been using Cooksons. I like the look of the Tiny Box Company. Thanks for the info.

I'm very happy with Potters. I normally use their Modern range. They now do a box which is extra thin for posting. They're not the best quality ever but they're very cheap and for less expensive things they save a lot of money on postage.

Carole, I was going to use Potters and e-mailed for a detailed quote for my custom boxes. When I got the quote I was told to e-mail or phone to initiate the order. I replied to them and said that I would like to place the order but my e-mail was sadly ignored (as with two other companies I had contacted). I re-sent it to no avail. I don't know whether this was a technical problem, whether they were simply too busy to accept my order or whether they didn't want my business but it would have been nice to get a reply. I would probably have used them if they had replied to my e-mails! I'm glad I used the tiny box company though because the boxes really are just lovely. I'm sure Potters are good too but I was really quite disappointed with their communication.

I don't think I've ever e-mailed them Emily. I just phone them to place the order. The last lot I had were printed and sent out within a week. Of course at Christmas you have to order early.

Another thumbs up here for Potters. I use their ecoboard series and for cheaper things their ecoboard postal boxes which are perfect to send at the large letter rate

Oh yes and I always phone them. They are always really helpful and accommodating (especially when I change my mind about an order 4 times!!).

Thanks for the replies all.

Carole - I've just come back from the jewellery show at the NEC and Potters had a stand there (I mentioned your positive feedback which they were really pleased about). It was good to be able to actually handle the boxes rather than just seeing them online and the man I spoke to was extremely helpful. Their slimline posting box is a great idea - unfortunately they only do it in black at the moment and I'd looking for a natural / Kraft colour (he did mention there may be a small stock of white in too). He gave really helpful advice about printed boxes too i.e. re pricing etc
    I think I'll contact Tiny Box to see if they can send me a sample as would be good to see a comparison - Emily, your feedback for them is really positive and I like the idea of it being recycled