Thread: My last creation

Default My last creation

This leaves a lot to be desired in the finishing off dept, but it was quite a challenge. 1.5mm silver wire, drilled down the length with a 1mm diamond set in each wire. I havent finished it yet because it needs polishing etc, but just to show how I have progressed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-10 19.00.08.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	4224

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    This leaves a lot to be desired in the finishing off dept, but it was quite a challenge. 1.5mm silver wire, drilled down the length with a 1mm diamond set in each wire. I havent finished it yet because it needs polishing etc, but just to show how I have progressed.

Name:	2013-01-10 19.00.08.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	4224
    from what I can see it looks a little blurry on the setting... but I get the gist of it. Well done to you Pat, that must have been a great feeling when you completed it.

It's difficult to see the diamonds but I'm sure it looks great in the flesh.

Well to be fair I did use the camera on my phone. Samsung Galaxy cameraphones are quite good, but for some reason I couldnt get the light right and gave up in the end, and the diamonds are cheap ones so not very sparkly (lesson learned !!! not sure where to buy ones at a reasonable price, so they are Kernowcrafts cheap ones) it was a bit of a challenge so I didnt want to waste money on something I wasnt able to do. I havent set them perfect because a couple are a little low, according to my daughter who has perfect sight, that is the one problem with having one eye you lose depth perception, so you cant see how far things are away from you, or how deep steps etc are. Getting on ok though and quite pleased being able to drill a 1.5mm wire to start with, let alone tube set diamonds in it. Thanks again to the young lady who showed me how, and to the sparklies I can now set. I will see if I can get a better pic later on.
    Last edited by Patstone; 19-01-2013 at 08:49 AM.

I am doing my photos with my phone as well I would advise you to have a "tent" to do them its a square white box with the hole on the tom where you putting your light, its perfect to do photos of your jewellery
    Babette

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    quite pleased being able to drill a 1.5mm wire to start with, let alone tube set diamonds in it. lady who showed me how, and to the sparklies I can now set.

You did a good job but if you want to try this Pat, it works quite well: you can in fact solder short bits of tube to the end of wires, which gives you more options as to size. Here is something I once did as an experiment. The hanging bits unhook. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails suffragette earrings.jpg  

you drilled down the end of 1.5mm wire? (would have preferred a kind of "thud" emoticon!)

Well my daughter had a ring given to her for xmas, and I loved it but taking coals to Newcastle so to speak as she also makes silver jewellery, but stated that she wouldnt be able to make it, the gauntlet was thrown down (she pushes me to my limits sometimes, which is good) - hence the challenge. I am still trying to prove that I can do what anyone else can do - ha bloody ha! The idea you did Dennis was a good idea, and one which I will try in the future, but I wanted to see if I could do it, and although a bit crap, I did it. It can probably be tidied up a bit (I havent touched it since the eureka moment). I have a pic of the diamond set before I curved it into a ring, did them all in straight wire then bent ring shape after.

Name:	2013-01-06 08.53.53.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	4237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-05 15.48.14.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	4238

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You did a good job but if you want to try this Pat, it works quite well: you can in fact solder short bits of tube to the end of wires, which gives you more options as to size. Here is something I once did as an experiment. The hanging bits unhook. Dennis.
    Last edited by Patstone; 20-01-2013 at 07:56 AM.

The trouble is you're challenging us all now Pat......

No only those with one eye. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The trouble is you're challenging us all now Pat......