Thread: Advertising

Exclamation Advertising

Well, I've had my website for coming up to two years now and I have only sold a handful of things through it and usually to people I know.

I should be doing better than this, people do like my jewellery, they do buy it when they can touch it and see it personally but on the web... nada!

I joined Etsy because someone told me that my stuff would sell well on there... nada... not a sniff.

Now, I know my jewellery isn't horrible and I've seen much worse flying out of shops on Etsy so I can only presume my shop isn't getting much custom. because I don't advertise.

Has anyone got any tips for basically free advertising as both myself and my OH are disabled and don't have alot of spare money.

Any advice would be really appreciated as I would love to make a living and get some cash to make more beautiful pieces

You could try using Google Products to advertise your jewellery. The following link tells you how to set it up & best of all its Free!!
    http://www.google.com/base/help/sellongoogle.html.

Dave

Smile OOO thank you!

Thank you Dave...I'll... just... make... a ... note... of ... that... one....
    When I find a spare few minutes I'll have a good look! I'm sure a lot of us have the same experience as Bijou so you deserve a big hug!
    Barbara

Ooh thanks for that, had a bit of a checkout but got confused by something I'm supposed to either upload or download... will get techy OH to have a lookie see later for me

If you want to keep going with Etsy I would spend a lot of time reading through the Storque, esp the seller's handbook, tons of helpful info on there. Also the forums will give you lots of insight into why you might not be selling.

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    If you want to keep going with Etsy I would spend a lot of time reading through the Storque, esp the seller's handbook, tons of helpful info on there. Also the forums will give you lots of insight into why you might not be selling.
    Thanks for that, I'm not very well versed in Etsy it has to be said as I am there somewhat begrudgingly (I pay for my website hosting etc and spent alot of time on it now I have to pay someone else to sell my stuff kind of deal )

Will have a good read through when things quieten down here... it's chaos here at the moment!

I know what you mean, but you have to consider the massive amount of traffic a site like Etsy gets. From my perspective, when I have found a seller of anythign from a massive marketplace, Etsy, eBay etc, if I discover they have a website and I become a repeat customer, I always return to the website. Also you have the feedback system which can reassure a new customer, even if yo uhave proof of just a couple of happy customers. You can always try and drive repeat business through your website by offering a website only discount or another kind of offer.