Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of my life size flowers in vases

Default Some of my life size flowers in vases

I posted this photo elsewhere and thought some newer members on this forum may also be interested to see some of my flowers. They are life size, made of 18ct gold with hard fired enamels, most are mounted in carved rock crystal vases and some mounted in hand blown glass vases. The rock crystal vases are carved to appear full of water. Some flowers have stamens set with diamonds.

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	195 Eighteen flower sheet.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	4213

They are amazing James!

wonderful is all I can say!

I love your flowers, I think the one in the blue glass vase is my favourite (even if you didn't make that bit!)

To say that they are beautiful is surely an understatement. Do you do the enamelling too? They are all just so wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by silken View Post
    To say that they are beautiful is surely an understatement. Do you do the enamelling too? They are all just so wonderful
    No Emily, I am just a goldsmith, my enamelling is done by professional enamellers, many of my pieces have been enamelled by the artist enameller Keith Seldon, take a look at his website; http://www.keithseldon.co.uk

James

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    I love your flowers, I think the one in the blue glass vase is my favourite (even if you didn't make that bit!)
    The Lily of the Valley's blue glass vase was made for me by Norman Stuart Clarke when he had a workshop at St. Erth near St Ives, but he has now moved to France. This is a photo of him and some of his recent work;http://www.saltgallery.com/

The Dog Rose's blue glass vase was made for me by Siddy Langley, an ex student of Norman Stuart Clarke, see; http://www.siddy.com/black-website/Images.html

I also have a good collection of glass made by these two glassblowers.

James
    Last edited by Goldsmith; 13-01-2013 at 01:27 PM.

yup, I meant the dog rose one. I love that it's not just wild, but like it could actually be picked. I have only one thing by Siddy Langley, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    yup, I meant the dog rose one. I love that it's not just wild, but like it could actually be picked. I have only one thing by Siddy Langley, alas.
    If you like the Dog Rose, here is a work sheet that I prepared showing the design,copper patterns and finished article. Sorry if I have posted this before.

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	196 Dog rose sheet.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	4215

These are lovely James - my favourite in the middle one on the top row, very dainty