Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Year Resolution.

Default A New Year Resolution.

Resolutions are made to be broken, but this one was just to make something from these Swiss Blue Topaz, which had been languishing in my drawer for more than two years for lack of inspiration.

Here they are as drop earrings for someone with long hair who doesn’t wear studs. That’s all there is to say really, except that the twisted stems remind me of the poles on the roundabouts at fairs.

Typically show and tells pass without discussion, but I wonder what you might have made of them?
    Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue Topz Drop Earrings 1.jpg  

They are beautiful Dennis. I bet she's pleased with them.

not quite the kind of thing I'd go for as I'm very conservative in my earrings, but beautifully made and designed.

Those are gorgeous Dennis. I love blue topaz and dangly earrings.

They're lovely Dennis.

gorgeous, I'd wear them!!!

Dennis they are lovely, Blue Topaz will look wonderful on somebody with a dark complexion 'in my opinion'

Oohh...I love topaz...lovely earrings, Dennis. I like how you've incorporated the different shapes. What sizes are the stones, please? I'm yet set set anything other than round and oval stones so I always drool over trillions or marquise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Resolutions are made to be broken, but this one was just to make something from these Swiss Blue Topaz, which had been languishing in my drawer for more than two years for lack of inspiration.

Here they are as drop earrings for someone with long hair who doesn’t wear studs. That’s all there is to say really, except that the twisted stems remind me of the poles on the roundabouts at fairs.

Typically show and tells pass without discussion, but I wonder what you might have made of them?
    Dennis.
    Good to see you not breaking at least one resolution Reminds me of the red and white moving pole things outside barber shops...which then reminded me of pie...

From where did the inspiration come?
    Indi

Lovely as ever Dennis and I like very much the twist.

They are lovely Dennis, definitely the type I would wear, blue topaz looks beautiful against silver ( and I've always loved carousels!)