Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Problems Of Being Left Handed.

Thank you Dennis, I actually have a mitre cutting jig so I'll give it another go. I do find the tube cutting jig very cumbersome but have stuck with it as I liked the precision. For the last few occasions I've used it though, I've developed a real hatred for it haha.

For the first twenty-one years of my life I was right-handed. Then one day I had to become permanently left-handed. I'm now probably more dexterous (pardon the etymological infelicity) at many things with my left hand than I ever was with my right. Handedness is definitely alterable, but you have to work at it.

That's interesting, yes I suppose it's just about practising and might do our brains good to learn with our opposite hand.

Well, I've been thinking: if its only the lever it shouldn't be too difficult to drill the opposite side, flip it over and secure it with the same screw.
    In the absence of a tap, just glue it in with epoxi. Dennis.

Me and my Dad are left handed. He taught himself to write with others hands, but had to draw only with his left.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

As the cutting slot is all the way through, a bit of elastic does the trick. I have used some elastic wrapped onto the handle to keep it in place. I used to use rubber bands, but as I became sensitive to anything with rubber, I had to use a coated type. Must say it lasts longer. This has been on the jig for the last 5 years now.

Have popped a little video, to show what I mean - I am not sure if I explain it well, but hope it helps.

Hi Wallace...only just seen this and now the video is unavailable...any chance you can load it up again and I'll be sure to check back sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well, I've been thinking: if its only the lever it shouldn't be too difficult to drill the opposite side, flip it over and secure it with the same screw.
    In the absence of a tap, just glue it in with epoxi. Dennis.
    Hi Dennis...yes I did think of dismantling it and swapping it around but I think it's not worth the effort. It'd take some serious grinding to create a new notch for the lever to sit in on the other side and frankly I just can't be bothered haha. Perhaps the mood will strike me another time, probably when I have too many orders to be tinkering with old tools.