Thread: PO Boxes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PO Boxes - Geographical Address for Website = Virtual office

Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    I don't really want to use my actual address on my website or leaflets for the sake of security............ I thought about going down the route of getting a PO Box, but have been told that this might put off customers and Isn't actually much more secure than a house address........ There are companies out there that offer "real street addresses",............(very expensive hidden costs / post going missing, etc).

So here's my question - Would a PO Box put any of you off, or is this an out-dated idea? Do any of you have any better suggestions?
    As an online cash for gold company we did a lot of research into this for security reasons, This is how we set it up :

1. Address on website and Ltd company registered address from Virtual Office in London with full mail forwarding service; Clearly show your telephone and email on contact us page.
    2. PO box number to send and receive day to day business mail. Traceable to nearest main post office so secure.

Customers feel safe with full Address on website, London address also adds prestige and we fulfil distance selling rules. PO Box address is used for all standard business mail, even the bank who have all our address on file mail to our PO box. Great care must be taken to choose a virtual office who will filter junk mail before forwarding as this service costs per item, be careful to use Virtual office address only on your website. Who use's snail mail these days? if your telephone number and email address is on the same page. HMRC and a surprisingly small number of others will write.
    I will happily provide contact details for Virtual office service.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Gold Girl; 04-01-2013 at 11:14 PM.