Thread: Pure copper? In jewellery? Really?

Default Pure copper? In jewellery? Really?

As I am now a seller on Folksy, I have been looking around the online shops quite a lot.
    But today somethig stopped me in my track. A seller there describes his/ her items made out of " pure copper". What is " pure copper"?
    Now as I am writing this question, something has just clicked. Is that PMC copper? I bet it it must be! Does that convey an idea of desirability to the customer? Sorry, thinking out loud here.
    i hope this is not too stupid a question...

I also use the same description. I think it's the simplest way to differentiate from the huge mass of copper plated findings and 'antique copper' items that are widely available.

Yep, as above, many people refer to copper as pure copper or solid copper simply to help them stand out from the deluge of plated material that is sneakily sold as copper under a long list of misnomers.

A side note, there's an awful lot of copper talk in the forum today! It's quite interesting as I only ever use it as a practice medium. I wonder whether it's becoming more commercially viable to sell solid copper jewellery?

Thanks for all the information. nothing to do with PMC then! i am glad I asked the question and will make sure to use the term as well.

Apparently copper is " hot" at the moment according to a friend of mine who is a jeweller in the US. I am not sure why, but myself I think it is a beautiful metal wich offers many possibilities.