Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Business Cards and other Advertising 'Gumpf'

Moo all the way for me, quality and options for the price are superb, and they have a great selection of products, like the mini cards and stickers, I have business cards with my logo one side and 5 different images on the backs (as in on image on each card but 5 different ones!) and I have mini cards that I will use as tags with a variation of my logo, and also, finally stickers with my logo, that I will use for envalopes and parcels, and for sticking down wrapping paper. Now I just need to get my blooming shop up and running and get making more jewellery!!

LOL 44, you seem to be at the same stage as me - got the gumph but need to get up and running. Getting the spider to list your site takes forever, which is why I'm quietly chuffed that I've got the two NT craft fairs later on this year - bit of cross-pollination.

Hadn't thought about the stickers,what a brill idea!
    Di x

moo cards for me - but I have used VistaPrint in the past - the knack with them is to select their logo or web address and make it white and then it doesn't appear. Or I think I also selected it once and just moved it outside the printable area - either way i got cards without their gumpf on the back.

As for moo cards here's a discount code for anyone wanting to get 15% off their first order - 2RB2CK - only works for new customers, not existing ones.
    Find Milomade online - follow the links below....
    Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    LOL 44, you seem to be at the same stage as me - got the gumph but need to get up and running. Getting the spider to list your site takes forever, which is why I'm quietly chuffed that I've got the two NT craft fairs later on this year - bit of cross-pollination.

SPIDER???

What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Milomade View Post
    As for moo cards here's a discount code for anyone wanting to get 15% off their first order - 2RB2CK - only works for new customers, not existing ones.
    Great thanks! I've not used Moo, will look into it for my next order as you all seem to be raving about it

Hehe yes! Well, I have been trying to get sorted for a good chunk of this year but I have had a ton of things get in the way. They're all getting sorted now, and once I have moved in Sept I should be able to really get going with it, and now I have started my new job, I should be able to get more jewellery made prior to the move, fingers crossed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    SPIDER???

What am I missing here?
    A spider is the thing that the search engines send out to crawl the web and index all the pages and sites. It picks up the metatags and the oft-used phrases in a site so that when somebody uses a search phrase it can throw up the relevant sites.

When you launch a site onto the web you need to submit your URL (web address) to the various search engines but it takes forever for your site to be picked up.
    Di x

A spider is the thing that the search engines send out to crawl the web and index all the pages and sites. It picks up the metatags and the oft-used phrases in a site so that when somebody uses a search phrase it can throw up the relevant sites.

When you launch a site onto the web you need to submit your URL (web address) to the various search engines but it takes forever for your site to be picked up.
    OK - I have heard of tags...what is a metatag?? ...and how do you submit your url to the various search engines....God I feel such an idiot!! I really REALLY don't know a thing about the Internet and how it works...even if I am a pretty neat Googler!!

Default Barbara

I'll put together something for you and write it up later. My freelance writing work is mostly webcontent, which is why I sort of understand it all.

You had to mention the Google didn't you
    Di x

. I had to get one up on you somehow...my inferiority complex was showing!!

ANYTHING you can do to help fill this yawning gap in my knowledge will be gratefully received!!