Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Business Cards and other Advertising 'Gumpf'

PS why not post drafts on here...I find second opinions most helpful!! have a good look at others cards for design tips!
    Em

Did you mean 'Eyelets' Di,

I know I am penny pinching...but 'times is 'ard' n all that... Doesn't using business cards for earring cards actually put quite an extra few pennies onto the materials cost?

...and talking of presentation and packaging - I have just had a look at your blog Kym....tell me, tell me do...where do you get your boxes printed?? Is it The Tiny Box Company? I've been looking for somewhere that does foil printing on short runs and that is the only one I have found so far....but I do like to have a choice!!

Eyelets

The reason for using them - because I have thousands of the buggers and I want to get rid. You get 100 mini-tags things for 9.99 and I can't remember how much I worked the eyelets out at but, no, it didn't add a whole lot to the cost (which I recouped - nowt's free) and they looked good.

Currently I'm looking at packaging too. My necklaces are on the chunky side - I use a lot of semi-precious nuggets - which is proving to be problematic in terms of box cost.
    Di x

Barbara, yep you were spot on... I got my boxes from the Tiny Box Co

If I remember, it was about £20 to set up the press with my design, then 8p per box printed. They advised on the size of print I would need to cover all sizes of boxes with only one press ~ for the larger boxes, I get them printed on the bottom-right so the design doesn't look lost in the middle. They don't have minimum orders for runs, but the boxes work out cheaper if you buy them in quantities over 100.

I've been happy with the boxes ~ the wadding inside is nice and firm. I usually split the wadding so that I have some below and over the jewellery and with TBC it's firm enough to do this and doesn't shred or move about.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

I use Noble Packaging and Potters for my packaging/boxes (good price/quality) and my cards were printed on Staples card which my OH kindly did for me. I also have some blurb on the back of the card. My 'logo', if you could call it that, is a little red heart, 'cos my jewellery is made with love

hope that helps
    Jules x

I design my own (sadly only B&W), print on paper and then laminate and cut!

Costs me less than £2 for materials and I can get 10 cards to a sheet and I usually make around 200 at a time!

Tomorrow I am making some new business cards, I don't know if they will work but I'll be sure to post a photo if they do because they should be rather different and eye-catching!!

Get my boxes from Noble, can't recommend them enough never had a problem.

Business card - I design and print these myself. normally using Serif (pageplus/drawplus) does everything I want. My main problem is if I go down a third party printer, if they are not local to me they want to charge me extra postage as I live in a (very) remote area and postage tends to take an extra day or two to get to me.

Until recently, I'd bought my boxes from Noble as well and I've been very pleased with their range and service.

I went over to the Tiny Box Co as I liked the recycled nature of their boxes and the wadding inside is better than Noble's + I found the overprinting was a bit cheaper. There are some size of boxes (eg long bracelet boxes) that I don't need to buy in batches of 100 and with TBC I can just get a smaller order.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Quote Originally Posted by kymbi View Post
    There are some size of boxes (eg long bracelet boxes) that I don't need to buy in batches of 100
    It is that minimum order that has stopped me from using Noble. There were boxes on there just right for Jewellery from Moon Cottage (silver marbled) but, atm anyway, I don't need 100 of anything.

I've ordered three different boxes from TBC to take a look and I got some beautiful boxes from a company via Ebay - shame is that, if I order a larger quantity direct from the company, they are phenomenally expensive even taking free p+p into account.
    Di x

I use vista for big card runs that I hand out like confetti...
    then Moo Cards for more "select" gifting and Potters for my boxes.
    With Potters you have to pay for plate charges but the printing is free

nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver