Thread: cheap photo tent

Default cheap photo tent

Have had lots of problems photographing my jewellery and was considering the purchase of a small popup photo tent but there is always another must have tool. Anyway I have found a cheap alternative. I have a thin plain light cotton shopping bag left over from a previous project and have found that hanging it off my desk light works very well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ptsm.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	4150

That's ingenious. I hope others will show their improvisations, Dennis.

Clotted cream tub with a hole cut out the top. push the camera lens through and super-detailed close-up macro shots. I only use this for the enamelled stuff I do though, not the big stuff.

Similar to Medusa, only it's an old Amazon box with white material on all sides with the frount left open. I use an old beach wood ornament to lay the jewellery on. It used to have fake Ivy or something glued to it, it was about to go to the bin but thankfully it scrubbed up really well & binned the tatty fake ivy instead =O
    Currently saving up for an 80cm proper tent, mainly for the fold away factor of something that size. I'm hoping to find a non-creepy looking manequin head to photograph bridal hair accessories on so I'd need the bigger tent for that.
    I must admit it's really worth making one, the quality of photographs from old material and boxes otherwise thrown away is fantastic. I'm spending much less time editing photos and more time doing my favourite thing - hitting things with an 'ammer!
    Sian Williamson