Thread: Two days of horror.

Angry Two days of horror.

Honestly two last days nearly put me of making more fingerprint jewellery!
    First I was trying to re-sized photos which took me all together 3 hours. Then the nightmare begin with my photopolymer plates, I could not opened them before because I was scared ( I am using them for the first time) that I will make a mistake and I am not going to be able to used them after. So I had to wait until my prints are ready. The person who sold them clearly put on her website : No returns after opening.
    I have to admit clever... When I opened the package I was expecting 160 square cm , instead I had two little plates ( measurements 5 cm x 3 cm ), which even me with my lack of mathematical knowledge knew that is nowhere near 160 square cm !
    After that I've wasted one of them because on the curse I was told that I should leave them for 1 min 15 sec exposed to he UV light. I wasn't told that it also depends of the type of photopolymer plates. I had to google that! After I've left my last piece for 5 minutes and the stamp was done I've realized that the size of the print is too small!
    You can imagine the amount of swearing I've managed to do... If I can just say I never swear! Thank God my kids were a sleep and couldn't see me going literally mental.
    I know that for the first time is always trying and errors but it seams like the whole universe is against me....
    I don't know how you can all cope when your design is going nowhere? Specially with the deadline. One thing is for sure, I am not planning to buy my supplies nowhere else but from cooksongold at least here I know what I am paying for.
    Babette

Nighmare Babette. We all get days like that.

Yesterday, with oodles of parcels to get out, my engraving machine decided to engrave backwards. The technical chap wasn't available and after lots of swearing and turning the machine off and on several times, it managed to correct itself. My OH wasn't popular at the post office on the dot of 5.30!

Sorry I can't help with your problem. but you'll know for next time.

Babette, even though the seller says no returns accepted they have to, by law, accept returns as clearly the item was not as described. It doesn't matter what they put on their listings about no returns, they must accept liabilty for giving in-correct information about a product they *sold*. Personally, I'd put in a case with paypal (if that's the platform you used to pay) to get a full refund. "item not a described" is taken very seriously by them and you will get your money back. xx
    Sian Williamson

Hi Babette - what a disappointing couple of days.

Here's a link to the office of fair trading sale of goods act.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advic.../#.UMNCzazpjTk

Their overview says

The Sale of Goods Act - an overview:

Under the Sale of Goods Act, when you sell something to a customer you have an agreement or contract with them. A customer has legal rights if the goods they purchased do not ‘conform to contract’ (are faulty).

The Act says that to conform to contract goods should:

match their description - by law everything that is said about the product must not be misleading – whether this is said by a sales assistant, or written on the packaging, in-store, on advertising materials or in a catalogue
    be of satisfactory quality. Quality of goods includes:

- appearance and finish

- freedom from minor defects (such as marks or holes)

- safe to use

- in good working order

- durability

be fit for purpose. If a customer says – or when it should be obvious to you – that an item is wanted for a particular purpose, even if it is a purpose the item is not usually supplied for, and you agree the item is suitable, or do not say it is not fit for that purpose, then it has to be reasonably fit.

Like Sian says, if they have mis-described the product, then it doesn't matter what they put on the box about no returns; I am not sure how you stand now that you have used it vis a vis returning it/asking for a refund, but I would have thought that legally you can request that they send the "missing" 130 sq cm (sorry, never used the product you have so not entireley sure what it is that they advertised you get 160 sq cm of!!). You should write to them as soon as possible and point out that the product content was not as described and would they please supply the missing 130cm as soon as possible. And remember, it may be a genuine mistake, not a misrepresentation!

Hope your weekend improves, Susie

Quote Originally Posted by Keia View Post
    Babette, even though the seller says no returns accepted they have to, by law, accept returns as clearly the item was not as described. It doesn't matter what they put on their listings about no returns, they must accept liabilty for giving in-correct information about a product they *sold*. Personally, I'd put in a case with paypal (if that's the platform you used to pay) to get a full refund. "item not a described" is taken very seriously by them and you will get your money back. xx
    there might be a bit of an issue since she has opened it and exposed it to the light, although ebay will always always side with the buyer, even in fraudulent claims as I'm finding out right now.

Babette, I know that there are ideal times for PP plates, but for really basic stuff like fingerprints, it's not that critical. I tend to expose mine for around 3 minutes in the sun irrespective of whether it's film I've put on silver or a pp plate.

If you couldn't find out that the amount was short without opening it then that doesn't count as a barrier to returning something - however going on to use it might.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Thank you all for every replay it turned out that the plates are ready after 7 min don't know why. After 5 part of it washed.... I really can't be bothered with the hassle of trying return the plates it wasn't bought tghrou ebay. So I doubt they are going to return. Just finished my pendants the are not perfect and I've managed to break one (snapped) after drying it
    Babette

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121208_204535.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	4134. My pendants
    Last edited by Babette InProgress; 08-12-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: posted two photos instead of one
    Babette