Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catching lemel while grinding

Yes Peter, my bench has a bench skin under the peg and any lemel from grinding either collected in the base of the perspex shield under the bench peg, or just spilled out it's sides and into the bench skin.

James

I use a cut off plastic bottle for polishing stuff with rouge with my pendant motor, it stops me from getting a chicken pox look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I use a bottle that has the ends cut off - it gets messy very quickly and is hard to see after a couple of uses if not cleaned out - it does keep the face clean though!

Well, I've got one. Overall - pretty good. Not an expensive piece of goods to make, all told; the thing to watch out for is the edges of the aluminium, which are quite sharp. Quick & easy to assemble too - there's a spanner included and you need a cross-head screwdriver.

In use it seems to perform well. One issue I've got is that it isn't all that big, so if you've got large hands it can feel a bit restrictive - so I tended to only have my hands partway inside the box. But... It does catch lemel, the little sweeps tray seems to work and it isn't dependent upon anything else to catch the stuff.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Well, I've got one. Overall - pretty good. Not an expensive piece of goods to make, all told; the thing to watch out for is the edges of the aluminium, which are quite sharp. Quick & easy to assemble too - there's a spanner included and you need a cross-head screwdriver.

In use it seems to perform well. One issue I've got is that it isn't all that big, so if you've got large hands it can feel a bit restrictive - so I tended to only have my hands partway inside the box. But... It does catch lemel, the little sweeps tray seems to work and it isn't dependent upon anything else to catch the stuff.
    Thanks Peter,

really clear info so, I will definitely be putting this on my Christmas tool list!