Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bracelet

Thank you very much all of you. Yes i see a bit a clearer in that photo Anna,think i understand how you mean...im going to give it a go...

Thankyou, Kat

Congratulations on the little one! Please bear in mind any choking hazard when making jewellery for small chlidren though.

The mind boggles.

When a baby is old enough to get the bracelet off, it will certainly put it in its mouth, but could it choke on it? We'll soon have yet another directive from Europe I fear.

Dennis.

While I can see it being a valid caveat as a general children + jewellery situation, perhaps the level of risk involved with a bracelet is negligible?
    Well, assuming nothing falls off it!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I guess that is a buyer beware on most products, adult or child these days. Common sense not prevailing!

I love these types of bracelets! Both my boys had one when they were little. I didn't make them though as I was still at the component jewellery stage back then. My (now 4 year old) never took his off, but my youngest (now 2) always managed to wriggle his off, teeth a bit on it, bash it on the floor but never managed to get the whole bracelet in his mouth. I was never worried about chocking hazzard as he never left my sight and the bracelet was way too big for his mouth.
    The only bracelets for babies that I dissagree with are the ones with the little dangly bits on like bells & such. Most of those types that I've seen (mainly being sold on facebook) aren't with soldered closed jumprings, so chances are the baby could just pull off one of those bells and it's those that's the real choking hazzard. x
    Sian Williamson

My grandson is 10 months and teething - has anyone made/bought amber beads which are supposed to be helpful (not chewing them, just mystically soothing somehow)..did they help?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

The people I know who bought amber bead necklaces for their teething sprogs got them so they could be chewable. I'm a bit skeptical about any magical soothing properties!

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    My grandson is 10 months and teething - has anyone made/bought amber beads which are supposed to be helpful (not chewing them, just mystically soothing somehow)..did they help?
    Anything that claims to be mystically empowered etc etc is a load of codswallop, to be polite =) Don't be conned xx
    Sian Williamson

Well i mucked up the stamping...tiredness from a newborn getting to me..ha ha!! So i will attempt again,but just a simple open cuff (but obv not a thick one,just a narrow 5mm but can open /close!
    And thanks for the concern,but i wont ever leave my child with jewellery or dress her up like Mr T with dangly chains and all-sorts..ha ha!! I still have my bracelet from when i was a baby which has great sentimental value to me...and for my daughter to have something to keep with her forever..and more so something that her mum made her is extra special

My sis-in-law used the Amber beads for her daughter while teething and said they helped..

Thanks Kat xx