Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: December Themed Competition

Default December Themed Competition

This months theme is....

Pendants

Hello everyone!

As this is the last competition of 2012 we would like to thank everybody who has taken part in our themed competitions; we have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all your beautiful pieces and we hope you will continue to share these with us into the New Year.

So post your pendants within this thread with a little bit about the piece and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will WIN a £100 shopping spree.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 31.12.2012. The winner will win a £100 inc. VAT shopping spree at www.cooksongold.com

The judging process will take place on 07.01.2013. Our Silversmith Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 07.01.2013. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Hi everyone I would love to show you all one of my favorites pieces... Key shape pendant with asymmetrical shape of the 'handle'
    Made from silver plated wire size 0,8 and 0,4 and the silver and sparkle blue beads.

Size of the key : length 3" (8cm) and width 2" (5cm) in the widest place.
    You all are probably bored with my wire wrapping but soon I am hoping to do some more work with art clay So I promise it is the last entry with wire wrapping
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	4119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key 2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	4120
    Babette

That's lovely Babette, whatever you do in the future, do not give up on the wire wrapping, you've got a lovely style and are so neat and tidy
    Last edited by Tabby66; 03-12-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: it just didn't read how I intended!!

That is gorgeous Babette, lovely and intricate!

It's lovely B, don't give up the wire wrapping. Dennis.

That is lovely Babette. I'd say don't give up the wire wrapping as long as it's selling. If it isn't selling then find something that does. The reason I say this is because I've found over the years that customers are really predictable with their jewellery buying. The majority of them just don't buy anything that's different. My best sellers are very boring pieces but very commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    That is lovely Babette. I'd say don't give up the wire wrapping as long as it's selling. If it isn't selling then find something that does. The reason I say this is because I've found over the years that customers are really predictable with their jewellery buying. The majority of them just don't buy anything that's different. My best sellers are very boring pieces but very commercial.
    I agree, my best sellers are simple pieces like basic tube set gemstone earrings and little flowers, things that you could wear every day or give as a gift and not feel too extravagant. It's not a problem for me though because I love making all things dainty and delicate! I sell the occasional art piece but very rarely and I dedicate most of my studio time to making more simple pieces.

Babette, your pieces are lovely and very intricate. At first (before I enlarged the picture) I thought your key was a very pretty dragonfly! Keep up the good work

Thank you all for such a lovely comments! That pendant was sold almost immediately after posting photos on y fb page, I am not planning on giving up my wire work, I love it so much.... But I think everyone should progress with theirs designs and moving forward instead of being stuck with only one technique...
    Babette

That's great news Babette.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

it is lovely B - keep going at it, it is a definite art.