Thread: UK source for black onyx cabs

Default UK source for black onyx cabs

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a 25mm oval black onyx cab with either a flat top (bevelled sides) or a *very* low domed top (again, bevelled sides)? So far all I can find is the full dome sort...

The problem is the price, but AE Ward will find them, or cut them for you if necessary . They will also re-shape some not bought from them. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 10-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Hi,
    I recently bought a 25mm x 18mm lovely black onyx cab with slightly domed top, from Kernowcraft.com.

This is price-sensitive, so I'll have to avoid going the custom cut route; the Kernow ones should do the job, thank you.

ebay ?
    Are these ebay stones inferior to those you might get from a conventional supplier - I don't know anything about stones - are they even real - feedback looks good.
    I might have a play with some, they are cheap enough.

I have bought several stones on ebay including a lovely big rainbow moonstone cab from India and a large cab amethyst from a UK seller. Everything I have bought has always been the real deal and don't forget you have the distance selling regulations and usually a returns policy that cover you if you aren't happy. You also have the ebay/paypal dispute resolution facility which I have used in the recent past for a kitchen appliance and I got my money back in full very quickly! Sellers on eBay tend to be genuine and they don't want to get banned so are usually good people. Don't buy from anyone that doesn't offer returns.

Cary

The real trick is to always pay by paypal when buying on ebay. Then, if an item is not what it should be, you have a much better chance of getting your money back. Paypal are much more inclined to side with the buyer than the seller.
    There are a fair few rogue traders on ebay, I got several chinese sellers closed down a few months ago for selling fake silver. And I got all my money back through paypal.
    And it doesn't matter whether they say they accept returns or not, as the distance selling regulations and trading standards rules apply whether the seller likes it or not.
    Last edited by t1ggerk1ns; 10-12-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: adding info

have a look at gem collector - mostly faceted but they may have what you want
    http://gemcollector.com/Store.aspx?G...=Onyx&Items=16
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk