Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'orca' gas torch fittings

The dinky "handbag" size (3.9kg) propane cylinders aren't bad for convenience or price; the valves on them are better than any of the disposables and they're much less likely to leak. I've had a few disposables empty because the pin valve stopped closing properly.
    Your break-even point is pretty good too - a quick check online shows a deposit (only partially refundable - which is probably why you see so many at tips) of £35 and a refill charge of about £15 - given the Bernzomatic-style canisters are £10ish each, you don't have to go through many before you're ahead of the game with a proper cylinder.

Hi sorry to bother you all again.

I decided to order the EZ Torch valve for disposable cannisters off Sutton Tools. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the hose the Orca came supplied with.

Does anybody know what the name of the fitting for the hose that I should get that fits the valve from Sutton Tools?

Thanks again

Sorry, don't know the answer to this one, I just bought a complete piece from Suttons - hose, torch end valve and adapter for MAPP. It wasn't especially cheap, but well worth it for sheer ease of switching over from my big bottle to the disposable.