Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s Next?

Default What’s Next?

When I made the Corn Cob Ear studs and then the Corn Cob Pendant, I knew what was coming next: ‘Could I have a ring to go with these?’

Luckily I found a suitable bicolour tourmaline at Earl’s Court this year. I had a twin shank ring in mind for some time, so it seemed just the job to steady this rather long, rectangular stone on the finger.

Kwant got in ahead of me with showing this idea, but never mind. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, I was able to crib his method of connecting the shanks with a jump ring. In this instance I used a cog shaped one, left over from another project. Not another case for ACID, I hope.

Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bi-Colour Ear Studs.jpg   Bi Corn Cob Necklace.jpg   BiCorn Cob Ring.jpg  

I absolutely love that Dennis! The peeled back leaves are just inspired The stone looks pretty delicious too.

Gorgeous Dennis!! I love how you've interpretted the corn cob design into the ring setting, and as George has already said, a delicious looking stone!!

Thank you both, I'm glad you like it.

I found that the double shank worked well for keeping the rather long stone aligned with the finger. Of course these three items if worn together could be rather over the top, but there are some older simpler ones to mix and match. Dennis.

They are really beautiful Dennis!

Dennis that's stunning! Do you do by any chance online courses? I would love to learn how to make such a beautifully pieces!
    Babette

Thank you both. I'm not really qualified to teach this, although I enjoy sharing information on the Forum. Jewellery making has been my retirement hobby for over eighteen years now, working at home and once a week at an adult education college in London.

Here are some important factors in my learning curve:

Having teachers who are not only competent technically, but are also respected designers.
    Browsing all the available books on the subject.
    Making regular visits to craft fairs, galleries and museums. Dennis.

Gorgeous ring Dennis!

Spectacular. It's a shame you only sell to family, someone with your skills really needs to be "out there" x
    Sian Williamson

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

beautiful Dennis... I do believe when he gets back, Kwant will let you know he borrowed that idea too.

stunning does not give your work justice.