Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems ordering from Cousins?

Default Problems ordering from Cousins?

Hi - has anyone ever had problems when ordering from Cousins Tools? I placed an order for a Foredom pendant motor earlier today (I was ridiculously excited as have been coveting one for so long) and at the end of the processing received a message to say that that although the order was complete and payment taken, they weren't sending order confirmation emails (which seems odd); the order wasn't showing in the history in the self service area on their site either so I called them to check - unfortunately I seemed to get the rudest customer service advisor who wasn't remotely interested in helping - she just said she couldn't see the order and all she could suggest I do was to call my bank to see if payment had been taken! Just wondered if anyone else has had problems with their site / service before as they seem to have a good reputation from what I can tell (and sadly it did burst my pendant drill bubble a tad!)

Whilst the guys in the showroom are lovely, I've always found their telephone people absolutely atrocious. Unhelpful, uninterested and nobody there has the faintest idea about any of the products. I once range to ask a question, and was told I'd need to ring the showroom for an answer. I asked if I could be transferred, and when that wasn't possible asked for the phone number to call direct. The answer was to try directory enquiries - they didn't know the number there....

I would check with your bank - if you have online banking it should show pretty quickly, but I find the bit about not sending confirmation emails very odd, I'm sure I've always had them in the past.

Aaaaw, louisela!!
    I'm not surprised!! That does sound poor
    I've not ordered off them online for past 6+ months at least, but their service has always been impeccable and (though I see you're Devon based, if you can ever get to the Birmingham shop) they could not be more helpful.
    I do know that their on-line depot is based elsewhere to their shop(s?), I google searched a bit to get the B'ham shop number, when I had some confusion and they sorted it in a flash!!

Hopefully their service hasn't gone down the pan

Hi louisela
    I have to agree with you. Their telephone people are truly dreadful. However, if you can get to the shop they are the most helpful, friendly, courteus guys. Never had a problem in the shop, with the quality of products but buying on line from them ..... avoid
    Didi

Think George and Didi have said what I meant far more succinctly.........

Oh dear, customer services don't sound too helpful but fortunately, I've not had to ring Cousins. I did an online order from them recently and got an email confirmation of my purchase order immediately, so I don't know what's happened there. Hopefully, it's just a computer glitch and your Foredom is on order....fingers crossed.
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

Aww, I'm sorry! Isn't it such a huge let down when you've paid (a lot of money) for a new tool you've been wanting for so long and the customer service is useless. I know how you feel. Don't let it burst your bubble, I was eyeing up the Foredoms today in the jewellery quarter and was wishing my bank account would somehow grow some more money so I could buy one!

I was actually in the Cousins shop in Birmingham today and can echo what everyone else has said, they are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to help, even when I bring in a huge list of product codes from their website and they have to run around the shop to find all the items. I've never had to phone them before though. Anyway, a company is obliged to acknowledge your order within a reasonable amount of time as far as I'm aware so this seems very odd. Maybe you might get more help by phoning one of the stores, I think they have access to customer accounts but I'm not 100% certain. If they do, I can guarantee that they will try to help you

I'm chuckling about discussion of a nominal competitor on the forum...

I've not had the negative experience on the phone myself; I had an order go astray a wee while back and they were very helpful. Turned out that it had been sent to an address that hadn't been on my address book for a good while, so it was interesting trying to track down where that had been retained. A day or so after flagging it to them & it arrived safe & sound.

Hi Louisella

If you're still having problems, or just want to let them know what problems you've had, give the Birmingham boys a call at the shop on 0121 237 5600

They'll get you sorted and feedback to the boss!!

Tabby

This is the 1st firm that I have dealt with that refuse to accept returns from a business customer! The telephone chap was polite but totally uninterested in listening to my enquiries. Certainly the 1st and last time I deal with this lot.