Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: November Theme Competition

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Dennis, that is indeed a stunning, even awesome piece of art someone will have the luck to wear. Thanks for the kind comments about my addition this month to you and those whom have also commented.

that is a great way to show off the lines with the patination Sian.

on another note, regarding your logo, don't see it as a selling /marketing opportunity, but more a confirmation of your ownership to the item. This is a public forum and as such ideas are often followed by examples of others. Credit given where credit is due. In my honest and humble opinion. Not meaning to highjack this lovely competition thread, but as a constructive thought to our work and labours involved in the pieces. Plus, any opportunity to make a post affords comments or pointers for our work and as such, the footers allow for links to our sites.

Oh I've missed so much in here, unfortunately due to illness and Dr being useless I was able even to get up from the bed :/ what a beautiful design all of them! I have a question are all entering as well cooksongolds competitions on facebook?
    Babette

Wow, some amazing entries! It's such a good theme this month, it's interesting to see what everyone enjoys doing most.

My great love is enamelling. Specifically, I like to combine enamel with unusual metal highlights (e.g. granulation, small bits of silver clay paste coated lace, etc). This one has transparent blue and opaque black enamel, with silver and gold granules, and a steel wool finish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stars.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	4112

When I look at that I see stars in the sky, Bubbles rising from water, But most of all one of those games where you roll the balls into the depressions. What does it mean to you? Dennis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Etchedrosesmall.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	4114

Here is my entry, my favourite technique at the moment is etching. I was inspired by Charles Rennie MacIntosh for the rose design and lightly domed the disc to give the pendant some body.

I almost like the firestain as contrast to the rose but I wouldn't polish it out as I like the texture the ferrus nitrate left more.

Dave
    Last edited by DGFerguson; 28-11-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    When I look at that I see stars in the sky, Bubbles rising from water, But most of all one of those games where you roll the balls into the depressions. What does it mean to you? Dennis.
    Stars, definitely. But you are right about the bubbles too - I go scuba diving, and it's also a lot like bubbles from the divers below me on the shot line rising to the surface past my face in dark and murky scottish waters - funny I didn't think of that until you pointed it out.

I love the etching piece, that's a technique I'd like to try more.

It would be difficult to detect any accidental staining from your photograph, DGF, but as you say it can serve as decoration.

We all have to live with firescale to a degree, but so far I have not had an answer to my thought: How about covering the piece with it entirely, so that it no longer stands out? Dennis.

hmmm that raises some questions... I've never thought to use firescale on purpose, how would you get consistent results though?

Also, is my picture tio small? I posted it via my phone and not seen it on the thread via a normal pc, clicking on it does load a larger one however.

Quote Originally Posted by Babette InProgress View Post
    Oh I've missed so much in here, unfortunately due to illness and Dr being useless I was able even to get up from the bed :/ what a beautiful design all of them! I have a question are all entering as well cooksongolds competitions on facebook?
    Same here Babette. We've all had some mystery winter illness here, only just returning to normal now. I have missed this forum =D

Thanks carole, I just didn't want anyone to think I was taking advantage, and you're right to be fair. =)
    So many really great entries, best of luck to you all x
    Sian Williamson

Thanks Peter, I knew you'd be the one to ask =)
    Sian Williamson