Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: November Theme Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Good on you for plunging in first, Babette. You'll be a tough act to follow. Dennis.
    Couldn't agree more Dennis. Talk about setting the bar high! =D
    Jamjar that cuff is really pretty, <3 it!
    Last edited by Keia; 03-11-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: bad spellings,,,again!
    Sian Williamson

Thanks Babette! Yes have just bought a set of needle files and they worked well on smoothing the ends of the bracelet I made in sterling silver but that was thicker so need to try on the thinner, wrapping wire). Also bought a cup bur which helps to round the end of the wire quite easily and I think that is going to be a big help.

The entries so far are really good.

My favourite technique (well, when it goes right!) is enamelling, so this is my entry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21-2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	4015

They are gorgeous Carole! Another technique for me to check out ... so many possibilities, so little time

They are really lovely Carole ! Didn't heard about enamelling, I am gonna have to google it
    Jamjar a bit of practice and even the thinner wire will not be a problem
    Babette

A great result nevertheless. Yes cup burrs come plain, with a burnishing action, or slotted so that they cut as well. I prefer the slotted ones as they are quicker and last longer. The only problem is deciding what sizes to buy, so I've ended up with quite a lot. Dennis

Beautiful cufflinks, Carole. You're well on the way to joining the hall of fame. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    A great result nevertheless. Yes cup burrs come plain, with a burnishing action, or slotted so that they cut as well. I prefer the slotted ones as they are quicker and last longer. The only problem is deciding what sizes to buy, so I've ended up with quite a lot. Dennis
    I know what you mean Dennis..............I currently seem to be collecting them!!

Lovely designs! That wire wrapping looks so fiddly - I don't think I'd ever have the patience for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruby-hanger.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	4024

My favourite technique is silver reticulation, so here is my piece: Reticulated silver, laboratory created 7mm ruby set in 14ct gold, all hanging from a steel rope. This was commissioned this month for a 40th wedding anniversary, hence the ruby. My customer opted for the lab created ruby because all those I could find at this size were overpriced and not of good quality. Lab created ruby provides colour and clarity at half the price, and offers a great flawless contrast to the reticulated silver.

Les
    Last edited by art925; 06-11-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Poor old Les