Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Balancing jewellery with full-time work

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    I've been thinking Su (bustagasket)... What sort of garage do you (does he) own? Does it come with a snazzy sales area? Is there anywhere where customers are directed to wait while their car is 'seen to' or finished off? (I make it sound like a breakers' yard there - but I'm sure you know what I mean!) Does he send out promotional literature to past/present customers by post?
    ...couldn't you involve him and the garage in your 'marketing'? Set up a sparkling display cabinet in the showroom/waiting area ...where women can drool over it and men can decide what to buy their woman as a surprise gift while they are waiting? Or a business card or leaflet for your jewllery popped into every envelope that leaves the place...(all my family are doing that for me now!!) ...or stapled to the final bill!!
    If he wants your business to prosper - get him to help...just like you have helped him for 7 years!!

Barbara
    Unfortunately we have a car repair garage, and that creates a pretty dirty "air"
    I have a stand in reception with me cards on and a layout of candles and a couple of display bouquets, but i have to clean the cellophanes every week cos they get coated with a kinda greasy black dust that come from brakess and seems to drift into everywhere. So its not the best place to display stuff, and definately not for jewellery.

I have today ordered my MrSite website in a box, so i am looking forward to that arriving next week and then having a play with it. I shall probably have to rephotogaph a lot of stuff and i really need a booth to do it. I am hoping that once my son moves all his stuff out properly from his room, that Pete will build some shelves and things in the wardrobes, and make up a bench for me. Gotta prize him away from his fishing for it :-s
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Well done getting the MrSite Su. Hope you have fun doing it. Mine is still 'in production' but will be getting back to it soon. Perhaps we can have a MrSite thread for if anyone needs advice or help with anything - I'm still not sure exactly how the shop works i.e. How I will get notified about someone buying something...

i have a long wait for it to arrive now (yeah i know it will be withing a week but i want it yesterday like everything else) Just hope i can underwstand the bugger when it gets here lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away