Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
Dur I got so excited about the Distance selling regs I forgot all about the sale of goods act etc
if they get shirty then don't get angry or anything, jsut say 'oh that's fine, I'll return the item anyway and then trot down to the county court and issue a writ for breach of the contract. You do realise you'll have all the court costs to pay too. don't you and your credit will be ruined if it goes to a judgement' (smile and hang up, wait for them to contact you)
you could also point out that they can return the faulty item to their supplier for full refund too, the law protects them equally
I had a reply today saying they will only refund after investigating the fault - which I responded wasn't acceptable. I then replied with the letter quoting my rights and their obligations under the distance selling and the sale of goods regs, and they then became very hostile! What a strange company! Anyway, I've ended up having to agree to a refund on receipt of the kiln (i made it clear the refund is due on receipt of the kiln and not subject to them investigating faults). I have sent it by tracked courier, and once i've received the refund for the kiln, i will be seeking a refund for the cost of the courier, as the sale of goods act also states that if the item is faulty the cost of return should be met by the seller. The seller became unresponsive after being very rude to me, so this is the best I could do.

So just a warning to everyone, stay well clear of this company! The staff are as dodgy as the goods!