Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imbedded fine silver wire melts! Why? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Dur I got so excited about the Distance selling regs I forgot all about the sale of goods act etc
    if they get shirty then don't get angry or anything, jsut say 'oh that's fine, I'll return the item anyway and then trot down to the county court and issue a writ for breach of the contract. You do realise you'll have all the court costs to pay too. don't you and your credit will be ruined if it goes to a judgement' (smile and hang up, wait for them to contact you)
    you could also point out that they can return the faulty item to their supplier for full refund too, the law protects them equally
    I had a reply today saying they will only refund after investigating the fault - which I responded wasn't acceptable. I then replied with the letter quoting my rights and their obligations under the distance selling and the sale of goods regs, and they then became very hostile! What a strange company! Anyway, I've ended up having to agree to a refund on receipt of the kiln (i made it clear the refund is due on receipt of the kiln and not subject to them investigating faults). I have sent it by tracked courier, and once i've received the refund for the kiln, i will be seeking a refund for the cost of the courier, as the sale of goods act also states that if the item is faulty the cost of return should be met by the seller. The seller became unresponsive after being very rude to me, so this is the best I could do.

So just a warning to everyone, stay well clear of this company! The staff are as dodgy as the goods!

Who is this cheery non complier with the basics of retail law?
    (note, it isn't defamatory if it is true and it is very hard to defame a company anyway)

I'm having some fun at the moment trying to get a refund out of RS Components; they seem to have completely lost the plot wrt customer service, DSR & Sale of Goods - so I've taken the opportunity to let them discuss it with their local Trading Standards. If you google for "trading standards complaint form", you should be able to find the TS office local to the trader. Oddly Northants want to go through Citizens Advice, which I haven't seen before.

Found this site, which is advice to retailers regarding consumer rights. Plain English and quite informative.

Susie

http://www.consumerline.org/search/?...+For+Retailers

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Who is this cheery non complier with the basics of retail law?
    (note, it isn't defamatory if it is true and it is very hard to defame a company anyway)

Technical Supermarket! Based in Stratford London, but you can find them online. They also trade through eBay

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I'm having some fun at the moment trying to get a refund out of RS Components; they seem to have completely lost the plot wrt customer service, DSR & Sale of Goods - so I've taken the opportunity to let them discuss it with their local Trading Standards. If you google for "trading standards complaint form", you should be able to find the TS office local to the trader. Oddly Northants want to go through Citizens Advice, which I haven't seen before.
    Hi Peter

Oh no sorry to hear you're going through similar! I hate having these things hanging over me it's horrible isn't it. Thanks for the tip, should I not get my refund issued on them receiving the faulty item on Tuesday as promised, I'll refer them to their local trading standards office, and I'll also seek further advice myself. I'm no expert on the law but, the laws we talk about aren't difficult ones to understand, and so follow as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by susieq View Post
    Found this site, which is advice to retailers regarding consumer rights. Plain English and quite informative.

Susie

http://www.consumerline.org/search/?...+For+Retailers
    That's an excellent link - thank you. Definitely confirms what I have told the seller, which they should have known

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeagreen View Post
    Oh no sorry to hear you're going through similar! I hate having these things hanging over me it's horrible isn't it. Thanks for the tip, should I not get my refund issued on them receiving the faulty item on Tuesday as promised, I'll refer them to their local trading standards office, and I'll also seek further advice myself. I'm no expert on the law but, the laws we talk about aren't difficult ones to understand, and so follow as far as I'm concerned.
    Ach, in my case I know I've got the upper hand. I've already got TS very interested in the situation, my credit card provider covers me if I don't get the refund - and they're garnering some really bad publicity into the bargain.