Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orca torch

I do use the handhelds too, but I find that the little cooks torch is a bit hotter and melts stuff when I least expect it. I have got a bottle of butane in my workshop (spare bedroom) which I am a bit concerned about, although it has been there for about a year or so, and has been fine. I cant go up and look now to see what make it is, as hubby is asleep (working tonight, 12.30am start !!!) but I will tomorrow, its not Sievert, but another make similar.

Thanks for your help George. I'll try to sort it out but if I get stuck maybe you won't mind if I bother you again.

hello all..it happend that i use a orca torch too and i went all through your dilemmas with connectors and stuff... i ended up going personally to a gas dealer (Calor in clapham to be precise), and he just fitted the 5 litre propane container (is the only one size that fit), to the torch. i'm using for the past 2 years and so far not issue. hope this help.
    Antonello

Mine is 4.75ltr Calor Gas Butane cylinder with Bullfinch torch on the end. It seems to work quite well, and I am pleased with it, but you cant adjust the flame only by moving further away. I actually went in to get a Sievert, but they had the one I bought on special offer and the man said it would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 2753tony View Post
    hello all..it happend that i use a orca torch too and i went all through your dilemmas with connectors and stuff... i ended up going personally to a gas dealer (Calor in clapham to be precise), and he just fitted the 5 litre propane container (is the only one size that fit), to the torch. i'm using for the past 2 years and so far not issue. hope this help.
    Antonello

I ordered a regulator and hose fitting from the suppliers George suggested. I made certain there was no leakage with a clip either end and I now have a working Orca torch which is great. Lovely fine flame through to a surprisingly large one. I'm still getting used to it and if I don't get the oxygen and propane balanced right the flame goes out but I'm sure with a little practice this won't be a problem. I would highly recommend this torch which I think will suit almost all soldering jobs.

Hi Sparkles.

I have the same problem. I just bought the Orca Torch and having trouble with attachments. Would you able to say where you bought the regulator? what is the model number?
    I would like to use it with a disposable Propane Tank. But nothing I have tried works with the fittings currently the way they are.
    Thanks
    Eamon