Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: firestain product

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    5,022

    Default

    That's how I'd normally apply FM solution (warmed metal, atomiser), but warming the metal before dunking in the Magic Boric seemed to cool it nicely and negate any benefit of prewarming.

    FM's great stuff, but a pest to apply (well, to only the object you want coated at least). Anything smaller than a mouth atomiser invariably clogs as the solution dries on the nozzle.

    I'd hazard a guess that David is either scrubbing it out with pumice or plating over it...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    I have some magic boris... hate the stuff - it sits taunting me at my failure to apply it and make it work. I feel like dooling on the bottle it came in just to mock back at it... or stick something on it to disguise it. Free to a good home (but postage will need to be met).

    I like Prips and Argo-tect. But sometimes forget to unblock the sprayer for the prips as it crystalises really very quickly. Show it some atmosphere and there it goes, getting a jiggy with the air and crystalising in the atomiser!


    Interestingly Walsh sell Cookies Argo-tect for about 5 less than cookies (before VAT) ... so it may be worth asking for this to be re-evaluated - unless there is a free post day. So, if you are shopping at Walshes anyway......

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I have some magic boris... hate the stuff - it sits taunting me at my failure to apply it and make it work. I feel like dooling on the bottle it came in just to mock back at it... or stick something on it to disguise it. Free to a good home (but postage will need to be met).

    I like Prips and Argo-tect. But sometimes forget to unblock the sprayer for the prips as it crystalises really very quickly. Show it some atmosphere and there it goes, getting a jiggy with the air and crystalising in the atomiser!


    Interestingly Walsh sell Cookies Argo-tect for about 5 less than cookies (before VAT) ... so it may be worth asking for this to be re-evaluated - unless there is a free post day. So, if you are shopping at Walshes anyway......
    Hate my magic boris too - awful stuff, doesn't do anything at all - mine is free to a good home too.

    I use 'My T Flux' from Rio, like it on gold, however not impressed how it works on silver - still looking for something better. Tried firescoff, but could get on with it either.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilia View Post
    Hate my magic boris too - awful stuff, doesn't do anything at all - mine is free to a good home too.

    I use 'My T Flux' from Rio, like it on gold, however not impressed how it works on silver - still looking for something better. Tried firescoff, but could get on with it either.
    Okay...........so I too have a bottle of the non-magic boric stuff,........what boris couldn't do with fire-stain he seems to have succeeded with marketing!!!!
    Another bottle available free to a good home!!

    I've tried and really really liked firescoff, however the spray nozzle blocked in no time......does anyone have any suggestions to unblock it please??

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Okay...........so I too have a bottle of the non-magic boric stuff,........what boris couldn't do with fire-stain he seems to have succeeded with marketing!!!!
    Another bottle available free to a good home!!

    I've tried and really really liked firescoff, however the spray nozzle blocked in no time......does anyone have any suggestions to unblock it please??
    Mine used to get blocked - just run it under very hot water and it should be ok. Perhaps I'll give it another try.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilia View Post
    Mine used to get blocked - just run it under very hot water and it should be ok. Perhaps I'll give it another try.
    Thanks Lilia, will try that

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cotswolds
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    I'll happily take all that boris off your hands chaps... I have a couple of specific pieces I make that it works brilliantly for.....

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central London
    Posts
    8,249

    Default

    Even in the mail, a started bottle of Boris is not to be relied on, George. It will happily wet a whole bag of letters. Regards, Dennis.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Looks like a good excuse to suffocate ...... I mean securely cover Boris. Remind me of your addy George and I will get it out to you. Xx

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    5,022

    Default

    OK, so there *is* someone for whom it works! What's the secret George?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •