Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: polishing wheels and extraction?

I have a big dustmaster with built in extractors and I still wear overalls, a mask, glasses and a scarf round my head, looks great when you have to answer the door!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I have managed for the past 25 years with just my homemade mop covers and without an extractor Liz, if things get mucky I just position and old vacuum cleaner near the mops. A regular clean with the vacuum up keeps my polishing area clean. I have an old Black and Decker, Henry type vacuum for this job.

James
    cheers James, that's what I had hoped to hear!

I use the extractor fan on the cooker & a face sheild, but that's with using the Dremel to polish. Not sure if it would work with a bench polisher =D
    Sian Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    cheers James, that's what I had hoped to hear!
    I am not sure if I have posted this before, but this is my polishing area, after a lot of polishing and no clean up for a few months. I made the mop covers from plywood and the flaps that sit on the mops are just squares of cardboard taped to the cover tops, as you see it's a messy area but a lot of the rubbish stays inside the mop covers. This is the worst my polishing area has ever been.

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	203  Polishing motor.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	3943
    Last edited by Goldsmith; 21-10-2012 at 10:04 AM.

brilliant! I will get Mr Medusa on it straight away!

After using a converted grinder for years and being reluctant to invest so much in a polisher with built in extraction I finally bought a polisher with integral cowls which collect most of the muck. I sometimes get out a mask and goggles in an attempt to do the right thing but usually remove them within five minutes and put up with a black face and hope the postman doesn't call before I get to the bathroom. It probably doesn't do my lungs too much good but I don't spend prolonged periods polishing.

The polisher I bought is a Creusen and I am really pleased with it.

At the risk of inviting abuse - here is a pic my OH took of me polishing. At least I think its me. Anyone else got pics os polishing outfits?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 040.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	3957
    Didi