Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bifocals for myopic jewellers?

I went the large frame prescription magnifier route and regretted it. When I get some time/money I'm going to go for narrower frames so I can peer over the tops of them.

I've got a pair of these http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Esc.../115741?pos=30

I didn't like them at first but I used them today with a magnifier light and managed to see amazing detail when setting a diamond. My optivisor just didn't hack it.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post

I didn't like them at first but I used them today with a magnifier light and managed to see amazing detail when setting a diamond. My optivisor just didn't hack it.
    Wow Carole, those will be on my list for future use, I'm currently making my way up the optivisor magnification scale!!

Are you at Desire Winchester in November?? I think I saw your name on the list of exhibitors

No, I'm not at Desire. I'm only doing Crowthorn with Crafts in Focus this year.

No, I'm not at Desire. I'm only doing Crowthorn with Crafts in Focus this year.
    Aaaw! I was hoping you were,....I've convinced my hubby to have a night away in Winchester the weekend of Desire ;D I was hoping I might eventually meet you!!

Good luck with Crowthorn! xx

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

It is good to hear they work, would love to see the results. X

Got to get them photographed Wallace and then if I'm happy, I'll show them. Trouble with photographing stuff is that if looks OK with the naked eye but the photos show every defect!

Default Very Helpful

I've got a pair of these Eschenbach-MaxDetail-Spectacles-Clip

Wow Carole your clip on magnifier looks great, I have used the optivisor over my glasses but to be honest didn't like what it does to my hair. When we are back at work after the holiday I'll show our lab guy who has lots of different apparatus in a cupboard; which tells me he also struggles. Thanks

I should have posted this sooner - but you can get these (and the non clip versions too) in the UK, here

Santa got me these this year http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Cra.../115745?pos=56

I've yet to get them made up to my prescription but I'm looking forward to being able to sit in a more upright position and not be straining my neck all the time.