Thread: Royal Mail 'Delivery to a neighbour' Scheme

Default Royal Mail 'Delivery to a neighbour' Scheme

Important Customer Service Announcement.

From Monday 1st October Royal Mail will be rolling out their 'Delivery to a neighbour' scheme across the UK.

This means, if you are out and about, you may find that your item has been left with a neighbour instead of being returned back to your Royal Mail Delivery Office, saving you the trouble of collecting your items or a re-delivery.

We understand that due to the nature of our business some of our customers would prefer not to have their items delivered to a neighbour. So, if you would prefer not to be part of the ‘Delivery to a neighbour’ scheme you can ‘Opt out’ by displaying a sticker at your address. If you would like to request an 'Opt out' sticker from Royal Mail click here.

For more information and FAQ’s on the ‘Delivery to a neighbour’ scheme visit the Royal Mail Website here.

Please note that these changes apply for First Class and recorded delivery only, all other delivery and courier methods remain unaffected.

Kind Regards
    Georgia Benham
    E-Commerce Assistant

I think all my deliveries from Cooksons are by Special Delivery or Yodel, so it doesn't apply to me.

It is a bit of a worry though for me, as I send all my parcels under a certain value by recorded delivery and with Christmas approaching when I could be sending out about 10 parcels a day, I predict mayhem.