Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logo-izing yourself

Red face Logo-izing yourself

Ok, I have tried to do this for several years now and each time I fail miserably.

I came up with the currently design of The Bijou Dragon logo a while ago and whilst looking at it last night realized that it was incredibly blokey looking and not at all feminine and relating to pretty jewellery at all.

So, I have decided to ask for advice or possibly as if anyone knows someone who designs logos and would work for jewellery instead of cash lol

Now I'm happy with the script that the company name is in (after last nights 4:30 am flash of inspiration) but I am desperately looking for a wee dragon character to call my own!

I'm a bit fussy to be honest and don't really want a Chinese dragon because I don't think my work is in any way Oriental but then I don't want a cutesy, child-like dragon either.

I also want it to be something that looks good small or big and either in colour or black and white on business cards etc.

Basically it's just a little logo to put above "The Bijou Dragon" wording and I've seen some examples of strange shapes and wings and what-not but nothing that screams "I am a jewellery shop"...

Anyone got any ideas at all please as I'm going mental staring at Photoshop and not coming up with anything pretty!!

Have you logo-ized your business and if so, how did you go about it?

< me today! lol

So many of us struggling with the same issues! Moon f***ing Cottage, where did I come up with that and how the hell do I logoize it
    Di x

I used my initials and it just lent itself to be the side of a face, eye and nose. I have been evolving and refining it over the years and now it is my hallmark to, so I am stuck with it. I think if you keep it simple and gradually stylize it, whatever the name is. Look for images of the subject and find ones you like and then try and make them your own. The more work you can do on the computer helps to as you can learn how to create new ideas as you go along.
    Paula

Paula, just took a closer look at your logo and you're right, it makes a brilliant face.

I've been playing with moons and cottages for months now. I actually do know where I got Moon Cottage from by the way and, once the site is up, you'll all see where I'm coming from - just waiting to get the photos up-to-standard for that.

See, my 'design head' doesn't work in sleek stylised ways, I'm chunky (in body as well as in style ) but I don't want a chunky logo.
    Di x

a logo can just be text.......
    Bijou, its difficult unless you want to "steal" artwork as you can't get free photos of dragons...guess I would start with a trawl of free clip art sites. For amazing artwork and inspiration (and maybe someone to design for jewellery) try www.deviantart.com.
    This is mine for what its worth....

oh and always have a logo that will work in black and white as easily as colour....
    Em

Noooo no stealing artwork gosh! I can do it myself I just don't know *what* to do.

Think I might just keep it as text with a nice bit of a flourish on it or something... trouble is, I'm never happy!

My ex was a graphic designer so I know the basics and he even designed me a dragon once but I just couldn't settle to it

photos of dragons
    Di x

why you so confoosed? its like you don't think dragons exist or something stoopid like that....

nooooooooo, I know they exist, I was just wondering what focal length had to be used to get the whole beast in shot
    Di x