Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Logo-izing yourself

My Avatar is my logo. I wanted a dragonfly shape and wanted a word that would make up the body so it couldn't have any tops or tails to the letters. Obviously the nicci on the end is me and the first bit is 'oh my' (omi) as my MIL used to say 'oh my!' a lot when I showed her my stuff. So it's pronounced 'Oh my Nicci' not 'Om in eechee' like most people think - even though that's how I say it as well because it sounds posh

I drew out the wings freehand and my Nephew who is a graphic designer, tidied it up so all the lines were the same width and made a load of computer files for it .gif .bmp. .jpg etc so I had different formats for different uses. I also have a green version and purple versions and reversed colour versions ( onrange dragonfly on white et as well as black and white versions.

I have sets of Moo mini cards with both logos and pictures of my jewellery on - that the good thing about them, that you can upload 100 photos for 100 cards. I use them as tags and you can put a matching tag on each piece of jewellery!! You can give them out as normal cards and if someone likes something particular they can have a card of that piece and give it to their other half to buy for them etc

I always pronounce it 'Om in eechee' too lol
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I love your logo - hadn't noticed it was a dragon fly tho! I also pronounced it the posh way, even when I reallised that the Nicci bit was you.
    Di x

I was pronouncing it Om-i-nicci in my head
    Its a good logo, i like it!

I also didn;t want it to convey anything in particular e.g. jewellery as I also do stained glass and have doen wedding stationery in the past. The only problem - like Bijou's - is that it doesn't convey jewellery. But then it's the name that needs to stick in people's head - after all 'Virgin' wasn't about virgins was it? And now it means a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominicci View Post
    I also didn;t want it to convey anything in particular e.g. jewellery as I also do stained glass and have doen wedding stationery in the past. The only problem - like Bijou's - is that it doesn't convey jewellery. But then it's the name that needs to stick in people's head - after all 'Virgin' wasn't about virgins was it? And now it means a lot of things.
    I've added 'Artisan Jewellers' to alot of my advertising guff like business cards and what not. I'm not sure about all the 'your business name should say something about you' deal after all... Reebok? Addidas? Virgin? Bosch? don't exactly convey what they make...

I just wanted a wee dragon for a logo but could never find anything of see anything that I remotely liked... I have one now that I love though