Thread: Like Topsy, This Just Growed.

Default Like Topsy, This Just Growed.

When I posted my deckchair earrings in June, it was just for fun and I never expected anyone to wear them. http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4253

There was soon a taker for the chain though, so to make it into more of a necklace, I added the anchor.

Then, to continue with the nautical theme I thought up these earrings, which are like something you might see on a harbour wall.

Next? Well, a thin bangle made of 2.5 wide triangular wire. It is rather thin, but with all the soldering and bashing it’s had it seems to keep its shape in use. Maybe next time I’ll use some wire a mm wider, but as it is it looks rather like a tattoo.

Then for a ring, but that to my eye isn’t quite right yet and needs re-making, which is why I haven’t shown it in close up. The stone is a rectangular shape with rounded corners, so I was able to bend up a bezel from curved strip just with pliers and no scoring for angles. Wards sell these artificial stones quite cheaply and this one is euphemistically called synthetic ruby. Blackened jewellery tends to obscure the beauty of natural stones so other red stones would be a waste. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss Chain With Anchor copy.jpg   ss Seaside Earrings2b.jpg   ss Sea Side Bangle.jpg   ss Seaside Ring.jpg  

Lovely designs Dennis, especially the chain - very original

Like I always say, Dennis old chap, you are a clever bugger! I just adore that chain, I bet if you wanted to you could sell those as fast as you make 'em
    Di x

that chain is awesome! I'm with Di, they'd sell like hot cakes.

Love the chain but my fave is the earrings.....

Sonia
    x.

I love the earrings best.
    Did you blacken with patinol Dennis? I want to do my Woolly the sheep as a Scottish blackface and was wondering what will give the blackest black.

I like the chain and anchor best too. I think that would be popular for men who are very difficult to buy for.

Can I join the fan club?
    I also especially like the chain (and it's clasp) with anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by jille View Post
    Did you blacken with patinol Dennis? I want to do my Woolly the sheep as a Scottish blackface and was wondering what will give the blackest black.
    Yes it's Platinol jille, but if allowed to work too fast it tends to get flaky bits, so keep it cold and wash off with cold water. In fact you can dilute it with water to slow it down too.

Thanks for all your comment's folks, but the best thing, you won't have noticed, is that I didn't have any sand, so I used soft brown sugar. Lick that.
    Dennis.

thanks Dennis