Thread: Like Topsy, This Just Growed.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Like Topsy, This Just Growed.

When I posted my deckchair earrings in June, it was just for fun and I never expected anyone to wear them. http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4253

There was soon a taker for the chain though, so to make it into more of a necklace, I added the anchor.

Then, to continue with the nautical theme I thought up these earrings, which are like something you might see on a harbour wall.

Next? Well, a thin bangle made of 2.5 wide triangular wire. It is rather thin, but with all the soldering and bashing it’s had it seems to keep its shape in use. Maybe next time I’ll use some wire a mm wider, but as it is it looks rather like a tattoo.

Then for a ring, but that to my eye isn’t quite right yet and needs re-making, which is why I haven’t shown it in close up. The stone is a rectangular shape with rounded corners, so I was able to bend up a bezel from curved strip just with pliers and no scoring for angles. Wards sell these artificial stones quite cheaply and this one is euphemistically called synthetic ruby. Blackened jewellery tends to obscure the beauty of natural stones so other red stones would be a waste. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss Chain With Anchor copy.jpg   ss Seaside Earrings2b.jpg   ss Sea Side Bangle.jpg   ss Seaside Ring.jpg