Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chain sizes

All is well thanks Dennis, it is lovely down here. Just back at the house for lunch, sitting on the terrace half way up a mountain with view of the Med in the distance.

I always keep a spare bit of my favourite chain, 21/21A to make sure I reorder the correct thing, but reordered last week and Cooksons have changed the 21/21A completely Apparently they have a new supplier and have shut down the factory in Thailand that used to make that chain. The new version is horrible!

Returned it and bought some from Curteis instead, which isn't a bad match for the old 21/21A.

So sad they've changed it, I've been using that chain for EVERYTHING for years!

It is interesting you should say that Lauren as I thought the last lot of premade trace chains I got were different from those I was used to though I ordered the same ref.no they seemed lighter and indeed one broke immediately. I thought I was imagining it.

Yes, the new version of 21/21A was 10g lighter for the quantity I bought than it normally is - the links were far more open and thinner wire, and a totally different shape - horrid!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    All is well thanks Dennis, it is lovely down here. Just back at the house for lunch, sitting on the terrace half way up a mountain with view of the Med in the distance.
    I am very jealous Kwant...it's raining here today and cold.....