Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Competition...?

Quote Originally Posted by trialuser View Post
    Inspired by the above.
    Line a primark carrier bag with it, then go shoplifting.
    somehow I can't see Mr Bond either in primark or shoplifting, but I'm having a giggle at the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    somehow I can't see Mr Bond either in primark or shoplifting, but I'm having a giggle at the thought.
    i am just going to be political correct and say nothing. Being a visual person, i best keep my mouth shut!

j

cut some shapes using craft punches and fuse between glass to make cabochons, dishes, coasters etc

For the doubters, I have been into Primark - albeit not in many years (actually, that goes for shops in general other than the supermarket!). No lined carrier bags though - and I'm very tempted to say something rude about the value of the lining vs. the value of anything likely to be nicked...

When fusing the foil between glass, would the adhesive have much of an effect on the end result?

Just picking on a couple of others - the Angel of the North idea: Wouldn't a staple gun have a better chance of holding the copper in place than the adhesive?
    Given my current fondness for slugs (who have eaten all my beetroot), the repellent idea has some significant merit. Lining boxes could look good too. Van de Graaf? Hmm... Leyden jars too

OK, slight change of plans - one piece for the most practical idea, one piece for the one that amuses me the most.

Ok
    1) Line the inside of a hat or cap with the copper foil to stop the government or aliens ( or alien governments!) reading your thoughts, implanting ideas such as making you shoplift in Primark against your better judgment. Its better to shoplift at more expensive stores.
    If you dont wear a hat, the foil could be applied directly to your shaven head. However this might make you stand out in a crowd, and therefore a more obvious target for alien governments.
    2) Cut foil into thin strips and run two parallel strips round all of your workshop or other chosen room. Attach one strip to positive low voltage electrical supply, another to a negative and then you can position LED lights anywhere you want in the room with little crocodile clips. All the kit you will need is at squirestools com/12-900.pdf
    3) On particularly black and troubling days, dunk your head in salty water and gently roll your forehead against the parallel copper foil strips. Depending on the power supply that you have chosen for the strips, this will either interrupt your bad thoughts and lift your mood, or interrupt the breakers at your electrical consumer unit and lift you off the floor. Remember to take your copper hat off before trying this.

Regards
    Richard

Hi Peter, yes the glue may have an effect,you could clean it off with a solvent first, or torch it. Firing the glue may cause bubbles in the glass but that might look good. You can reduce the bubbles by firing very slowly until the organic matter burns off, then continue firing slowly so the edges of the glass don't seal together before the middle starts to sag.
    I'm currently playing with this process firing ferns into glass, it is rather hit and miss but I think it would work with your copper.

Apologies for missing my own deadline -

For the daftest idea, trialuser - you're very, very bad and I'm not sending you enough to line a carrier bag.
    On the more practical side, using copper foil on slate appeals - so T1ggerk1ns, you're it.

If you can PM me where you'd like your dubious prizes sent, I'll get them in the post ASAP. It'd be nice to see pics of what you do with it - but nothing admissible, huh?

Woohoo, thank you. Can't wait to see what this stuff can do. PM sent.

Yep, thank you Peter. I appreciate the offer of the (booby) prize, but to be honest I'd be at a loss as to what to do with it. It would probably remain unused for ages. I'd much rather it went to someone who has something creative in mind to do with it.
    Thanks again, and yes it would be nice to see any pics.

Right, I'm back now... Trialuser - if you're *really* sure, then would you like to nominate someone else's suggestion on the less practical side?

T1ggerk1ns - I'll get yours in the post as soon as I've written your address on it. Apologies for the delay, it's been a hectic couple of weeks.