Thread: Gem Testing

Default Gem Testing

Hello

I have several coloured stones that I've had in my collection for some time, mostly bought from ebay. I'd like to get them tested and identified as I can't remember what some are meant to be! (I do keep them all seperate and labelled normally but some have slipped through). Can anyone recommend where to send them?

Rachael x

Unfortunately gem-a in the UK no longer does testing and have handed their work to the us GIA who now have a london office.

Certification of gemstones is expensive around 100 each, However if all you want is identification rather than certification, I will be happy to do it for you.

Julian

Hi Julian,

Yes it's just the identification I'm after really as none of the stones were particularly expensive. It would be great if you could take a look at them.How much do you charge for identification? I'm not sure exactly how many I have, I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to sparkly coloured gems

Rachael x

Depends really on what / how many you have. If it just a few I think an hour time + return postage would cover it. email me a photo of what you have.

J

Thanks Julian, I will sort through what I have and send you a pic tonight if I get chance, if not tomorrow.

Rachael x