Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Photography - How to make your product look the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    I've just bought a softbox light tent off ebay... so am I supposed to just do this on a bright day, or do I need lots of lights pointing at it, or in it? Lol... that probably sounds stupid asking that AFTER buying something but hey
    Daylight is supposed to be the best but if you don't take pictures outside you'll get a lot of directed light and shadow from the windows, in that case some daylight bulbs on stands is your best bet.
    Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by CyberPaddy66 View Post
    We've had ours for about a year and we still haven't gotten the correct lighting sorted out
    It can be fiddly gettingth elighting just right, I have 3 professional studio lights and used to get evry frustrated with having all the kit and my ohotos coming out with lots of glare. now I use just one light and it's muuuuch better.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    I've just bought a softbox light tent off ebay... so am I supposed to just do this on a bright day, or do I need lots of lights pointing at it, or in it? Lol... that probably sounds stupid asking that AFTER buying something but hey
    They do work if you use them outside on a bright day, as long as the sun isn't too strong. Makes it easier to get suitable conditions when shooting out side anyway, waiting for just the right amount of could is a PITA!

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    i only have a Sony Cybershot, perhaps thats why i struggle. We bought it about 4 years ago ready for going to Malaysia, and in general photos its brilliant, but does seems to struggle with my jewellery close ups
    Some of the Cybershots are very good, guess it depends how low or high end your camera is? Or it might just be a case of fiddling!

Charlotte - on a nice sunny day you don't really need the tent - the first pic was taken on the back doorstep. The second pic was taken in the light tent with a bright halogen desk lamp pointing at each side. My compact is a Nikon Coolpix about 4 or 5 years old
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toms Surf Beads 2.jpg   final for web 009.jpg  
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    Some of the Cybershots are very good, guess it depends how low or high end your camera is? Or it might just be a case of fiddling!
    I am not sure what model it is i will have a look when i get home. I dont know much about the specs of these things tho i am afraid
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Default Thanks

Thank you for the tips and advice on this.

I'm just starting work on my website and trying to get some photographs together for it.
    I've already found that I hate the flash, but think a lot of my pics are a bit 'dull' looking - especially for shiny jewellery!

Looking forward to experimenting with 'bouncing' some light around.

Thanks again

I am not sure what model it is i will have a look when i get home. I dont know much about the specs of these things tho i am afraid
    ok so i have gt my camera in front of me its cybershot model DSC-P93A 5.1 megapixels 3x optical lens. f=7.9-23.7mm 1:2.8-5.2

now whether that means anything to anyone i dunno lol
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

That ought to take some decent pictures Su, there are lots of factors that can ruin a picture other than the camera. Can't recall any of your pictures offhand either, what do you think is not good about them?

I just never seem to be able to get a really nice close up thats not out of focus lol, i have just had my glasses changed so lets hope that helps as i will be retaking some photos
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Use autofocus!
    Di x

I just never seem to be able to get a really nice close up thats not out of focus lol, i have just had my glasses changed so lets hope that helps as i will be retaking some photos
    Do you use a tripod Su, might be worth getting one if not, to keep the camera nice and still. If you have a macro setting try taking the picture with or without too. If you have a very fussy background the camera might struggle to autofocus where you want it to. Plus its just an annoying fact that shiny things are just a pain to photograph as they can be hard to focus on properly.

Jewellery photography is not simple by any means! Shiny and reflective things are a bugger to capture nicely, took me forever to be anywhere near satisfied with any of my photos.