Thread: Plating machine recommendations?

Default Plating machine recommendations?

Morning folks.

I'm contemplating investing in a small plating unit to gold plate small components on silver jewellery. I don't intend to be plating anything substantial and someone mentioned that pen platers may be suitable for me. Does anyone have any experience of these?

I wondered if anyone can recommend one or if there are any to avoid?

Cheers, Ally

You might find this interesting: http://www.larsandingrid.co.uk/forum...ing-Kit-review

I have the same unit, and have had much the same experience.

Thanks mizgeorge. That sounds just the job, and at a decent price too!

allyclaret, did you get one in the end? I'm looking into buying a small electroplating system but don't want to spend over the odds and was wondering whether you might have a recommendation. I was looking at the pen plating systems as they look as if they would be perfect for me as I only intend to plate small pieces of silver as an accent on earrings/ring, etc.

Hi Silken. Yes I have one and it's extremely easy to use. I didn't buy the power pack (rectifier) as we already had something that we could use. It's just a case of plug, clip and dip! Make sure that you also purchase the gold solution for the pen as this is not included in the pack