Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *sob*

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Were they long eirish? One problem that can happen with longer dangly earrings is that as you move, they get pushed upwards, and will come out of the ear. Kidney hooks that clip closed, or lever back fittings can be the solution for these.

Even shorter earrings can work themselves out very easily if the hook's not quite the right shape. Making one that curves back round the ear slightly, rather than sticking straight out towards the neck can help avoid this.

If you struggle to match the orphan, try making an unmatched pair - with a definite matching theme of colour or shape, but not at all the same!
    They're not very long, maybe 3 cm total (including the wire), and I think the hook did curve back, but I've given it a bit more of a pinch now. (Pics on Show & Tell board now.) I think it was more from trying on clothes and not keeping an eye on my earrings, oops!

I was able to make a new mate and found my little rubber backs, so all is reasonably well again.

Quote Originally Posted by eirish View Post
    I started a pair of earrings yesterday, polished them up and finished them this morning, very chuffed with the results. So I wore them out shopping this afternoon...and realised on the train home that one was missing. SOOO upsetting!
    Oh no, what a shame... after all that work. I've lost an earring before, but luckily it was a cheaply bought one, not lovingly handmade.
    The Mucky Pup - Gemma
    #Woof

www.themuckypupgallery.co.uk
    Blog