Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August Themed Competition

Default August Themed Competition

This Month's Theme......

Summer

Hello everyone!

How is everybody's summer so far?

Whether your designs are inspired by our brief spell of good weather or by the vast ammounts of rain, we all LOVE to see your designs!

So post your design incorporating this theme within this thread with a little bit about the piece and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will "WIN THEIR ORDER" !!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT'S INSPIRED YOU THIS MONTH!!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 31.08.2012. The winner will win their order- £100 inc VAT. The judging process will take place on 04.09.2012. Our Silversmith Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers who are UK residents and aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 07.09.2012. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Here is my entry for the August competition. A pair of earrings made from the all the little cut offs of sterling wire on my desk. They, I think, signify the Kanji for summer, though for all I know they may not and may indeed say "trade round the back" :0)

Summer kanji by kwant, on Flickr

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    Here is my entry for the August competition. A pair of earrings made from the all the little cut offs of sterling wire on my desk. They, I think, signify the Kanji for summer, though for all I know they may not and may indeed say "trade round the back" :0)

Summer kanji by kwant, on Flickr

LOL!

what a fabulous way to use the off cuts Neil! Hoping it means 'we have a winner'

Very clever design.

Great idea and not a fork in sight. Hope you're right about the translation.

They look very fiddly Kwant......translate to winner for me too ;D

Clever Kwant! Nice to see a very different piece of work

Default Blue Skies.

This design for drop earrings has become a standard for me, using different coloured stones. It just started with a series of sketches, but seeing my first effort being worn I realised that doubling up the bow would make it much more substantial and three dimensional.

Here is one with Swiss blue topaz for the blue skies of summer, my non-competitive entry, Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Summer Drop Earrings, First Sketches.jpg   Summer Drop Earrings.jpg  

Beautiful as ever Dennis. Great to see your working drawings and I have to say the top design was my favourite.

Beautiful Dennis I have to say I love the top ones too, although I wouldn't mind owning any one of them

Love your earrings too kwant, inspired me to have a go with my bits of scrap too