Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: September Theme Competition

That brooch is beautiful Sian.

Ah now I've managed to log on , will go and find my entry

Thankyou Carol, it was touch & go if it would be finished in time.
    It's surprisingly heavy for it's size and my first proper brooch. I've done wire wrapped brooches before, but never proper solder back brooches. I wasn't going to enter this month due to being so busy, but managed to get there in the end =)
    Sian Williamson

Slightly confused, on some of the previous posts for the themed competitions it says:

"In order to give everyone an even chance, the previous winners of each month are more than welcome to post their designs, but they will not be entered into the judging process for two months (that's two theme competitions) in order to give everyone the chance of winning. After that, they may resume entering as normal and will be included in the competition."

But for the past couple of months worth of introductory posts, this quote has been missing. Have the rules been changed? I'm not sure if I'm actually eligible to compete for this month? Is anyone able to clarify? =)
    Sian Williamson

Love that brooch, Keia!

Quote Originally Posted by Keia View Post
    Slightly confused, on some of the previous posts for the themed competitions it says:

"In order to give everyone an even chance, the previous winners of each month are more than welcome to post their designs, but they will not be entered into the judging process for two months (that's two theme competitions) in order to give everyone the chance of winning. After that, they may resume entering as normal and will be included in the competition."

But for the past couple of months worth of introductory posts, this quote has been missing. Have the rules been changed? I'm not sure if I'm actually eligible to compete for this month? Is anyone able to clarify? =)
    Hi Keia,

The above rule has not been in the competition since April. You are more than welcome to enter your designs into the competition and they will be entered into the judging process.

Georgia

ohh brilliant Georgia, many thanks for the confirmation. I didn't want to appear rude in anyway by entering again straight away. Thankyou Fay =) x
    Sian Williamson

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpkin 002.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	3879

My fun little 'Pumpkin' pendant.

Keia, your brooch is lovely! Rich in colour and form :-)

Hi, I really like that pendant Kimkie, I like the way the leaves creep round it - very simple and effective.