Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tips on making soldering clamps

I am glad you like them Bil,
    While writing my technical book, I prepared this photo sheet showing how I make a T shape soldering clamps. Using 0.90mm. thick metals and piercing strips with a saw frame they only take a few minutes to make and last a long time.

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33 T shaped clamp example sheet.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	5132
    Last edited by Goldsmith; 26-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.

The Weirdly Wonderful Isle and Royal Manor of Portland

A have a friend with a huge industrial guillotine who risked losing his fingers, for the price of a pint of bitter, to cut me lots of strips and have managed to bend them into all sorts of weird and wonderful shapes. Thanks for the new pic ... what is the title of your book ?

Quote Originally Posted by bilythepink View Post
    A have a friend with a huge industrial guillotine who risked losing his fingers, for the price of a pint of bitter, to cut me lots of strips and have managed to bend them into all sorts of weird and wonderful shapes. Thanks for the new pic ... what is the title of your book ?
    My book is taking ages to write as I keep going back on things, I am trying to add photos to each technical tip as I think photos explain thing much better than words.
    I did have a book of my work published back in 2009, but it was only a small print run so it is quite expensive, see;http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Work.../9780719801020

James

Great idea. Going to make some today