Thread: Hello, I'm new to the Cookson Forum

Default Hello, I'm new to the Cookson Forum

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, lovely that we can all share ideas and give advice etc.

I make fine silver jewellery using loved ones prints and children's artwork

I absolutely love doing this, it's so special & unique and have recently launched our website

You can find us at www.metoyoujewelleryltd.co.uk

Would love to hear your thoughts on my work

Hello and welcome.

No real thoughts on your work as such though it is driving home to me that I am seriously underpricing my work!

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    Hello and welcome.

No real thoughts on your work as such though it is driving home to me that I am seriously underpricing my work!
    Don't forget that metoyou is using PMC which is extortionately priced! As for your prices - I think you have a mixture of underpriced (those braille discs for example) and just-right-priced.
    Di x

I do feel our prices are very reasonable considering the price of PMC as Di says

www.metoyoujewelleryltd.co.uk

Two minor points on your website, apart from the pastel overload which is a bit too washed out for my taste. However, I am an old man, and certainly not your target audience.
    1)The text on your FAQ page is unreadable pink pastel. Couple of other instances are marginal too, but this impossible
    2) Several of the product pictures come up with name of your camera (Sony DSC) on mouseover, rather than a better graphic descriptor .

Other than that, good looking clean site. Hope you do well, but don't sell too many 'under the thumb' cufflinks - I don't want those to proliferate on general principles of male solidarity.

Surely there must be very few babies whose hands / feet are so small you can fit a hand or foot print onto a bracelet charm or cufflink ;-). I know the scaling process is explained in the FAQ page, but ....

Richard

site seems fine to me but the pastel pink on the faq page is far to pale....